ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PK Sound Gravity 30 Subwoofer  (Read 2598 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: PK Sound Gravity 30 Subwoofer
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 06:24:12 pm »

The fundamental difference is the use of a rotary servo motor and the belt linear motion transformer.

Pistonic transducers, in and of themselves, are not unique.
I made a "similar" speaker back in the 70s.  It was a moving magnet driver.

I took the coal dump mechanism (solenoid) from my train set, attached a construction paper cone to it with a cloth surround on a coat hanger frame.

I drove it from a Korean war era amplifier.

It made sound, but not very loud.  So I guess I was far ahead in my thinking  ;D ;D ;D.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

radulescu_paul_mircea

Re: PK Sound Gravity 30 Subwoofer
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 09:12:24 pm »

It seems simple if one is looking at the driver and amplifier as independent units. The real thing is in fact the use of both as a complete system. Yes, the driver is a moving magnet fixed coil transducer with certain particularities, like the magnetic centering which allows it to work very with a centering suspension with the most important job of keeping the diaphragm from rocking and not to dictate the spring behavior.
The most important thing this system and the IPal system have is the possibility to change the parameters from a system with too much motor force in a virtual way and to modify the real behavior to a mathematical model without adding resistive losses and keeping the overall efficiency intact . So it's not just a motor. The evolution is not there in fact , because one could get the same results from normal driver if active cooling is used in some way. The evolution is in making this driver so efficient that it would not normally work in a reasonable enclosure and to be able to alter it as you want without loosing the efficiency advantage.

Sent from my TA-1053 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.