ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for a secondary mic headset.  (Read 10743 times)

John Ferreira

Re: Suggestions for a secondary mic headset.
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »

AKG mic{/url]

Thanks Debbie.
“Item does not ship to Canada” - I have never seen so many items not being shipped to Canada, like lately at Amazon.
Frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
John Ferreira

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2018, 12:30:31 PM »

I tried out one of my new mics this past weekend.  I like it!!!.
The sound quality was noticed by the band members - they had a better chance of really hearing the quaity through their iems than I did through FOH. Chris said it was clear and warm.
I had a couple of high pitched whistles that I sometimes get due to where I position myself in front of the speakers but nothing worth worrying about.

The ear hook was my main problem- which I knew would be the case. I prefer a headphone type headset that goes over or behind my head - easy to put on, keep in place, to position and for removal.  I kept getting the earpiece caught in my hair and earings and I found myself fiddling with it too much. I finally got the knack of how to keep it in place though by moving the earpiece along the boom and twisting things around a bit.
I also had to bend in the boom quite a bit to get close to my mouth. It is VERY good at rejecting audience noise which of course is fantastic for my needs but it also means that I have to get the capsule within a cm of my mouth or it hardly picks up.
For $49 (plus AKG to Shure adaptor) this was easily one of my best buys yet. I finally have a quality headset mic for myself which is a good feeling.
I use the best quality gear I can afford in PA, yet I have been limping along with 'OK' mics. Now I really feel part of the band as well as crew.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 02:22:28 AM »

So. . .I sent one of these earset mics down to a client along with some Lectro IEMs he needed to borrow and he used it on a shoot and loves it. Says it's great for boom op and for use through a PA. This is a guy who owns stacks of DPA and Sanken and such and uses them daily.

We're both buying a few more.

AKG mic{/url]
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »

So. . .I sent one of these earset mics down to a client along with some Lectro IEMs he needed to borrow and he used it on a shoot and loves it. Says it's great for boom op and for use through a PA. This is a guy who owns stacks of DPA and Sanken and such and uses them daily.

We're both buying a few more.

I am not surprised... I've used mine 3 times now and it sounds so good. I recorded the last show so I was able to isolate my voice and really analyze the quality. Loving it.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.