ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for dimmable and/or dmx fixture for video (tungsten white light)  (Read 2666 times)

markblasco

I'm looking for a light to do a few different things:

1-White, that is ideally tungsten balanced to work with my other lights (although multi-color would be nice).  I'm happy to gel if needed
2-LED that is dimmable (either through dmx control or being plugged into a dmx dimmer)
3-Not too bright (these will be used in a small space fairly close)
4-Not too expensive (I know, I know, and I'm going to definitely spend what is needed for what will work, but I'm much more of a diy guy than a throw money at things guy)

Basically, I'm trying to setup a system to use for both live streaming and recorded video.  The lights will be about 6-8 feet away from me at most, used for front lighting, with one to either side.  If needed I will add a diffuser in front of them to spread out the light source.  I will have a preprogrammed light show controlled via dmx, so I need to be able to control these with dmx, either directly to the fixture or with a dimmer. 

I'm going to also have other lights to do colors throughout the room, and for those I'll likely go with some smaller chauvet fixtures, but I'm having some trouble finding something to use for a pair of front lights.  All of the LED video lights I can find aren't dimmable through dmx, so I'm at a loss. for something that will work well with video.

markblasco

Alternatively, are if there are good led light bulbs that are dimmable and good for video, that would also be an option.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA

Pro photo and video companies make LED panels specifically for this.
For video, you must be careful about the refresh frequency being high enough for dimming.
I've used panels that have analog dimming and show no beat artifacts at all.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.