ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: dbx 131 eq any thoughts or suggestions  (Read 5826 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: dbx 131 eq any thoughts or suggestions
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 07:28:12 AM »

Don, I knew you didn't imply I should use all 24 filters as it makes common sense not to use what you don't need.
There is the exact problem.

Most people do not know what they don't need.  They think that "more is better".

I have actually heard people tell me (back in the day) that my graphics were wrong because I SHOULD adjust every filter to either a boost or a cut, that is the reason they are there-to be adjusted, and if it was set at "0", then that freq would nto be there.

Wellllll   OK then.

I amazes me what some people think.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »

There is the exact problem.

Most people do not know what they don't need.  They think that "more is better".

I have actually heard people tell me (back in the day) that my graphics were wrong because I SHOULD adjust every filter to either a boost or a cut, that is the reason they are there-to be adjusted, and if it was set at "0", then that freq would nto be there.

Wellllll   OK then.

I amazes me what some people think.
When "inexpensive" (under $1,000.00) 1/3 octave LED display RTA's became available, I watched more than one band "engineer" constantly adjusting their 1/3 octave graphics to maintain a "flat" display for the entire performance.  These were all club bands, but as you can imagine the results were horrible.  I learned quickly to not say anything.  I have yet to see any music that reads flat on an RTA.  I'm not sure I want too.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.