ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dante Controller - IP Protocol Control Possible?  (Read 5118 times)

Ian Bethell

• Ian Bethell
Dante Controller - IP Protocol Control Possible?
« on: September 14, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »

Hello all, does anyone know if it is possible to change Dante routing over IP Control?

Scenario: I want to be able to switch a single Dante output between multiple inputs using a crestron type controller.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Dante Controller - IP Protocol Control Possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:16:24 PM »

Have you looked to see if crestron offered this feature already? During Level 2 training, I was told this was already in the works. Audinate offers their API, not sure if there is a cost though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mike Nicolai

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:56:24 AM »

Which devices are you using for audio that you want to control?

What I typically do for these situations is bring all of my Dante inputs into a router block within a DSP that feeds into the outputs I want to drive. Then I'll send TCP/IP commands to the DSP to switch between each source. This is more a traffic cop approach. It does not actually tamper with any Dante routing it just redirects the signal flows.

I have not yet seen anyone issuing straight TCP/IP commands to a Dante chipset to repatch the routing. I would also tend to avoid this myself because if a power user takes it upon themselves to rename a device or channel, or a device has to be sent to the MFR under warranty and comes back with a new Dante name, new firmware, or gets replaced with another unit, all of the TCP/IP commands hard coded into the Crestron controller would fail and require a service call and freshly compiled code.
Mike Nicolai, CTS-D
Sarasota, FL

James Cotton

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »

Have you looked to see if crestron offered this feature already? During Level 2 training, I was told this was already in the works. Audinate offers their API, not sure if there is a cost though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The API was mentioned on the Level 3 training course last week as a licensable intellectual property so bottom lime is it's possible but it'll cost you.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.