ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Led replacement for halogen bulb  (Read 3480 times)

Dave Guilford

Led replacement for halogen bulb
« on: September 11, 2017, 10:03:56 AM »

Let's say I have old American DJ Poclet Scan fixtures which use a ZB-JCR 12V/100W bulb.

I've google searched but can't find anything one way or the other.  I want more brightness out of them.  Can someone recommend a LED replacement bulb I can't fit into it?  The bulb seems to be fairly common, but I'm grossly unknowledgable regarding lights.

veditor78

Re: Led replacement for halogen bulb
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:41:20 AM »

I would just start trying different LED replacement bulbs. You can find them all over the internet. One place to try is www.superbrightleds.com. The problem will be finding one with the same focal point. That could make a big difference in performance.
Josh Rawls

kathelin motaz

Re: Led replacement for halogen bulb
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:19:26 AM »

Let's say I have old American DJ Poclet Scan fixtures which use a ZB-JCR 12V/100W bulb.

I've google searched but can't find anything one way or the other.  I want more brightness out of them.  Can someone recommend a LED replacement bulb I can't fit into it?  The bulb seems to be fairly common, but I'm grossly unknowledgable regarding lights.
Hi Dave,
a 100-watt halogen normally gives 1000 lumen, there are many solutions for you, if you want to replace it with another LED bulb then you will find a max 1250 lumen. if you want more you still should look for a lighting engine that can fit in the same place of the current lamp and in that case you can easily go up to 2000 lumen.
you can use the dedicated search engines for lighting components such as
archiexpo.com
lightingarena.com
if you still need more help with recommendations let me know
all the best.
Kath.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber