ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumour has it... Soundcraft Vi1000  (Read 12820 times)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: Rumour has it... Soundcraft Vi1000
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »

Interesting. Also, if that interface is anything like it's cousin the Studer Vista, then it is a lot more intuitive than it looks. Great UI in my opinion...now if Soundcraft could put more than 4 FX engines in their high end boards. : P

The Vi1000, 2000 and 3000 would be the "little" high end Soundcrafts with 4 FX engines.  The "big" high end Soundcrafts - Vi5000 and Vi7000 - come with 8 independent stereo Lexicon effects, each providing a choice of 14 different reverbs, 8 delays or 7 pitch shifting effects.  Additionally any of the Vi series can run the optional and very nicely integrated Real Time Rack UAD plug ins.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »

Interesting. Also, if that interface is anything like it's cousin the Studer Vista, then it is a lot more intuitive than it looks. Great UI in my opinion...now if Soundcraft could put more than 4 FX engines in their high end boards. : P

It is exactly like the Studer vistonics interface, just with less encoders. On the original Vi6's, the stage and local racks were full of i/o cards built by Studer with the exception of the Lexicon fx card.

Aisle 6

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »

The Vi1000, 2000 and 3000 would be the "little" high end Soundcrafts with 4 FX engines.  The "big" high end Soundcrafts - Vi5000 and Vi7000 - come with 8 independent stereo Lexicon effects, each providing a choice of 14 different reverbs, 8 delays or 7 pitch shifting effects.  Additionally any of the Vi series can run the optional and very nicely integrated Real Time Rack UAD plug ins.

Good to know, although I still think that 4 FX engines at the price points of Vi1000 - Vi3000 is pretty lame in this day an age. Most of the competition is well ahead of that in terms of DSP.

In my studio I own UAD and I think it is great, I have all of their plugs so I know them well, but the last thing I want is an additional rack to carry around that is merely a dongle or DSP enhancer. If I am carrying a rack, then I am carrying hardware. I do not need to ad more boxes to my already capacity fly in fly out rigs. I love the UI of the Soundcraft, but think that they are behind the curve in many areas.

Jasper Achten

• Big Bang showproductions
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »

More specs here (in German): https://www.audiopro.de/de/20675.matching_products.html

Summary:
  • 96 channels
  • 24 busses + LRC
  • max 212 inputs and 212 outputs
  • MADI (fiber), Dante and AES/EBU, wordclock and midi integrated + 2 double cardslots for stageboxes
  • 20 faders, 16 VCAs
  • 351 x 844 x 803 mm, 25kg

It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber