ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown XLS-602 troubleshooting?  (Read 7688 times)

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
Re: Crown XLS-602 troubleshooting?
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 11:11:42 PM »

I measured DC on the outputs of each channel. Put my meter onto a trigger, because it spikes and protection shuts off the outputs. When pots are at 0, DC offset is 10mV on each channel. When I start moving the pots, DC starts jumping between 0.5V and 3V, stop moving - goes back down to 10mV. But sometimes it just spikes very high (protection instantly shuts it off, I was able to measure 8.8VDC before meter went OL, but it's obviously much higher).

Crown tech support suggested a leaky component or open resistor causing this.

What I don't understand is that this behaviour is common to both channels.

Check that both + and - 15 volt rails are present on the little input board on the back of the XLRF sockets (pins 8 and 4 on the dual opamps).
M

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 07:11:48 AM »

Hi all,

A Crown XLS-602 has failed in a local church, so I'm trying to troubleshoot it and get it back up and running.

All power supply voltages are present. No speakers and no inputs connected (happens with connected load/input too). Level potentiometers are set at zero on both channels. So far so good. Let it warm up for about a minute. Then raise the level on one of the channels to any position, and protection kicks in within 1-20 seconds, holds for about 10 seconds, then returns to normal.

What could cause this problem? Thank you.
If the identical thing is happening on both channels then look at your power supply.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 07:11:48 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.