ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New system recommendations  (Read 5917 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: New system recommendations
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 10:15:12 PM »

Their current mixer/amp is a Altec/Lansing 1715B.  Their speakers are Dukane in ceiling speakers.  12 in the sanctuary, and 3 in other rooms.  There is one speaker connection to the amp. 

Here are some pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/S1obUFG1staoTYPz2

Thanks for the info.  Pictures wouldn't work for me.  A model number for the Dukanes would help.  It would also help to know your location so any Forum members in your area can chime in with resources/connections. 

I think the first thing to do would be to have the Altec evaluated.  Are you aware of any amplifier technicians in your atea?  A quick check-up shouldn't take more than an hour/hour and a half of bench time.  The unit actually is capable of taking the inputs you stated.  Input modules are still available on the open market.  I'm out of spares for that model though, but I'll dig around and see if anything got overlooked.

If rehab of the current system is not preferred it would be good to know the congregations requirements for todays audio vs those of the era when the install was done.  Is this primarily speech with a bit of gentle musical program or is it desirable to have more advanced audio projection for worship music and media connections for recording, broadcast and such?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Zachary Jordan

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »

That's odd that the pictures didn't work for you.  They had lost the paperwork for the speakers, so I'm going to have to take one out to see what model it is. 
There isn't anyone around here close that works with amps to take a look.  I've attended church there a couple of times to listen to a service and the audio sounded almost like it was clipping, but not very loud.  There was no music  played through it because of the lack of ability. 

Their requirements today for their sound system would be to record the service to digital media (right now they are recording with a phone left sitting on the podium), and play cds and bluetooth.  From time to time they may have a guitar or two plug into the system.  They have a piano, but it isn't mic'd. 

Joel Mevis

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 08:08:54 AM »

That's odd that the pictures didn't work for you.  They had lost the paperwork for the speakers, so I'm going to have to take one out to see what model it is. 
There isn't anyone around here close that works with amps to take a look.  I've attended church there a couple of times to listen to a service and the audio sounded almost like it was clipping, but not very loud.  There was no music  played through it because of the lack of ability. 

Their requirements today for their sound system would be to record the service to digital media (right now they are recording with a phone left sitting on the podium), and play cds and bluetooth.  From time to time they may have a guitar or two plug into the system.  They have a piano, but it isn't mic'd.

Pics worked for me. .. I have been in the low voltage world for 10 years, these look more like a paging system and speakers I would install in smaller department stores. Most of the time they can not get very loud with out distorting.

We use to have similar speakers in our hallways at church. Since the could not produce any bass with out distorting and clipping we an old analog graphic EQ where we removed everything under 250-300hz they worked much better that way.

What about a JBL EON ONE system. Single tower, and small sub, built in mixer.  They actually sound pretty good. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:11:17 AM by Joel Mevis »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 08:08:54 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.