Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

New system recommendations

(1/3) > >>

Zachary Jordan:
I'm working with a small local church to install a new system.  It has a congregation of probably 15-20.  The sanctuary is probably 30'x40'.  Maybe a little smaller.  They have an existing system was installed about 30 years ago, consisting of 12 in ceiling speakers in the sanctuary, and 3 speakers in classrooms in the church.  It's of course an old 70v system. 

They are wanting to do update but do not want their speakers very intrusive.  Would you all suggest, keeping an in-ceiling speaker design and maybe just not replacing all 12?  Or two very small speakers either mounted at ceiling over podium (vaulted probably 12-15' at max), or two wall speakers on either side of stage.   
I know that they don't need a huge speaker because the church is so small.   Any recommendations?

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: ideal_trucks on September 10, 2017, 09:16:48 PM ---Any recommendations?

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

David Mau:

--- Quote from: Zachary Jordan on September 10, 2017, 09:16:48 PM ---I'm working with a small local church to install a new system.  It has a congregation of probably 15-20.  The sanctuary is probably 30'x40'.  Maybe a little smaller.  They have an existing system was installed about 30 years ago, consisting of 12 in ceiling speakers in the sanctuary, and 3 speakers in classrooms in the church.  It's of course an old 70v system. 

They are wanting to do update but do not want their speakers very intrusive.  Would you all suggest, keeping an in-ceiling speaker design and maybe just not replacing all 12?  Or two very small speakers either mounted at ceiling over podium (vaulted probably 12-15' at max), or two wall speakers on either side of stage.   
I know that they don't need a huge speaker because the church is so small.   Any recommendations?

--- End quote ---

Shoot me a call man! 719-323-6100 x 201   my name is David

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Performance Audio David on September 11, 2017, 06:24:54 PM ---
Shoot me a call man! 719-323-6100 x 201   my name is David

--- End quote ---

You managed to break the two main forum rules on your first post.
Read the rules, fix your display name.
No commerce allowed in the forums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Frank DeWitt:
What is the system not doing?   12 ceiling speakers on a 70 volt system may or may not be a bad thing.

Depending on there location, I would want to add delay. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version