ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DiGiCo S21+S31 Sharing a D2 Rack Help  (Read 6114 times)

Kamil Pawlowski

DiGiCo S21+S31 Sharing a D2 Rack Help
« on: September 12, 2017, 03:15:39 PM »

I've got two Digico desks, a S21 and S31 connected to a D2 rack over MADI-C. Both desks are connected to the D2 rack, the S31 in the MADI MAIN port and the S21 in the MADI AUX port. The S31 is the "master" where its clock is set to internal, the S21 is clocking from the DMI card, the D2 rack is also seeing a clock source from MADI MAIN. Both desks see the D2 rack but both desks also have analog gain and +48V control over the D2, where as I understand from the S31/S21 manual only the master desk should have control over these parameters and the slave will gain track (trim) when gain levels are changed on the master desk. I cannot find a user manual for the D2, and cannot seem to get the slave desk to not control gain.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting rules
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »

I've got two Digico desks, a S21 and S31

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real full name to comply with the rules of these forums.

Mac

Dave Bednarski

Re: DiGiCo S21+S31 Sharing a D2 Rack Help
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:18:19 AM »

I'd suggest joining the DiGiCo User Group on Facebook if you continue to have problems with your config.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 06:56:20 AM »

Gain sharing on Digicos are a nightmare, I have watched several gigs go bust because this failed.

I highly recommend separate stage racks and a split snake in front of them.

Mark Rombouts

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »

Gainsharing on SD series works fine. If you setup right and activate the gainsharing button on every channel it works like it should. That's my experience al least.

What you must not forget on de SD series is turn of the audio master function on the slave console. If you let this turned on, it will not work. It's in a different menu, so you can forget it easily.

I suspect it should work in a similar way on the S series, but have no experience on those.

eytan gidron

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 09:17:13 AM »

The rack sharing works great with SD Series consoles which use BNC Madi. Your S21 and S31 are using Madi with cat5 which is different as it has both inputs and outputs on one cable. I think what you want to acheive can be done with DiGiCos Little Red Box, but I'm not sure. As mentioned in another post I recommend that you ask your question on the Facebook DiGiCo Users group.

Chip Sciacca

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »

Setting up a D2 rack with deciding manually wich of the 2 console's is the boss of outputs :
Go to the D2 rack
- hold L/R button to Unlock
- go up/down till routing mode
- it is in AUTO mode now
- change to :
- RxX for AUX port full control
- RxM for MAIN port
( auto mode is standard , but sometimes it can be great with 2 S series and cat5 connections to do it manually like this, or you Just wanna switch over to let the other console be in charge if control/outputs.
When you use madi BNC : Allways connect only the madi out if the rack to the "receive only" console)
Tech Support Engineer
Group One Ltd.
DiGiCo USA
Klang USA

Sami Torvinen

• Torvinen Showtekniikka
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »

Is it possible for two S21/S31 consoles (foh/mon) to share outputs on a single D2. I mean like foh console uses three outputs on the D2 (L/R/fill) and monitor console uses the rest.

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:07:48 PM »

Is it possible for two S21/S31 consoles (foh/mon) to share outputs on a single D2. I mean like foh console uses three outputs on the D2 (L/R/fill) and monitor console uses the rest.

It is not - only the master console can access the outputs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:07:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.