ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico master fader assignment  (Read 5765 times)

darkchina811

• my homepage
Digico master fader assignment
« on: September 10, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »

I have the master fader on a SD5 now controlling group 12 instead of group 1 which is the house master.

Does anybody know how to reassign?
I have been scratching my head since half an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciao,
davide

Christopher Irwin

• Los Angles/Orange County, California
Re: Digico master fader assignment
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »

I have the master fader on a SD5 now controlling group 12 instead of group 1 which is the house master.

Just throwing out ideas here:
1. Check the fader/bank assignment window (next to channel list on the menu) - I believe the SD12 introduced a way to change the master fader on this window which could have been added to the other consoles on an update.
2. Check the group order on the session structure window - not sure if this would affect the master fade, but groups and auxes can now be reordered.

darkchina811

• my homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:26:20 PM »

I managed to reach my goal with the session structure. I killed all the groups and left only one, of couse the master fader followed.

Then I added groups again... but it should not be this complicated.

I really hate Digico user interface. The console sounds great but the UI should be mature by now.

ciao,
davide

Gunther Mai

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »

I managed to reach my goal with the session structure. I killed all the groups and left only one, of couse the master fader followed.

Then I added groups again... but it should not be this complicated.

I really hate Digico user interface. The console sounds great but the UI should be mature by now.

No this is not the way to manage this!
As mentioned above by Christopher master fader on SD5 is reassignable similar to SD12 since May 2017.
From the manufacturers release notes:
A new button “assign master fader” has been added to the fader banks panel. This allows the Master fader to be re assigned on SD5 and SD12.
So what you should have done was:
go to fader banks panel -> push 'assign master fader' button at the bottom of the panel ->  choose master channel strip (or any other) on the popping up channel list-> ready.
The interesting question would have been:
"How did anybody manage to delete the master strip?" which was impossible before and is still impossible on SD8/9/10/11. This can easily be done the same way by pressing 'unassign master fader'.
As almost always manufacturer has been made responsible for users lack of knowledge  >:( ... that saying being a humble user too.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:47:35 PM by Gunther Mai »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.