ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: AES50 splitting  (Read 16940 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: AES50 splitting
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »

That's a shame Andrew. I was hoping the call would lead to a resolution for you. Unfortunately this is a method to put the name out, and a quick Google search would indicate to the unaware the company is always on top of any issues, providing unchallenged service and support. When the X32 first appeared on the horizon Behringer made huge attempts to placate disparaged users, at a time when failure of the product was not an option. Today, with their market saturated, it as I predicted back then, with their support losing steam like a train with no coal. I wish you luck and if I could help I certainly would.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »

Hi everyone;

So....

David from Music group reached out via PM and after I left him my number, he called and we discussed the topic of AES50 splitting. He was very knowledgeable about the products, he was also friendly and offered several suggestions. He furthermore apologized for not returning my call earlier, and for the "Bot-like" posts on the forum. From what I can tell, they definitely want to handle each support issue via direct e-mail or phone call, as opposed to participating on a public forum. I know that it's unusual for (large) companies to participate in public forums, probably because things can get out of hand, so certainly that's their prerogative.

After talking to David and James, I know now that the DL461 product will only work with the XL8, and there is no way currently to "split" AES50 signals. There are few products out there that have more than 1 AES50 output, so it is possible to get at most 2 mirrored outputs, but splitting further isn't really possible.
The best solution is a Dante card as others have suggested. It just doubles the cost of an X32Core, unfortunately.

So, in conclusion regarding the bot/support topic, Midas/Music Group do have excellent technical support if you can reach them. Better than many companies, but then again, not as good as some others. I am satisfied, though.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »

Andy, thanks for posting this.
We all see, and many bitch about the "Hi, I am John. Call us" responses we see. Nice to hear that something actually gets done.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »

...there is no way currently to "split" AES50 signals. There are few products out there that have more than 1 AES50 output, so it is possible to get at most 2 mirrored outputs, but splitting further isn't really possible.
The best solution is a Dante card as others have suggested. It just doubles the cost of an X32Core, unfortunately.

Seconding the "thanks for posting this", and for confirming my experiences, which is that the Care staff is helpful and knowledgeable, although they do get busy so it's sometimes hard to instantly reach them.

Even though they don't want to work out problems in the forums, when you or I follow up with posts on how they handled the problem and how it worked out is what helps people to learn, which is what we all come here to do. So thank you again for that.

I had thought I knew that there was no way to split AES50, but from reading the thread had hoped something had changed. Alas, not to be.

The problem I have with the Dante card is that dealers (disclosure: I am one) have to buy five at a time to avoid case breakage fees, while items that are larger but similarly priced or even less expensive can be ordered singly with no additional fees.

Separately, I wish the Dante card had Ethercon instead of just RJ45, but whatever.

Regarding the cost, keep in mind what you would have paid 6 years ago for a mixer with the same features. And I know from your other posts you already do.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.