ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lanbox LCX advice  (Read 10585 times)

Dan Reavey

Re: Lanbox LCX advice
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 08:19:33 AM »

Hi
I realize that it’s been several months since I started this post and haven’t yet resolved the lighting control for my band.
Moving house and band funds has held things up.
Really need to sort it now as last gig with our tribute band, I was trying to run the intro music on my phone and once that had finished, kick in the lights whilst playing keys 😠
I use a small RF hand held remote and whilst convenient, I can’t get any decent light timing if playing keys.
I did think of going down the DMXIS route and cost wise will probably work out the same as the Lanbox.
It was mentioned in an earlier post that the Lanbox LCX would best suit my situation and I’m inclined to agree.
Ideally all I want, have room for and time to setup is a foot controller.
These are quite limited so my Yamaha MFC10 and a Lanbox LCX would
be a capable and compact solution.

What I need to program is really quite basic.
1. A handful of scenes, some with a slow fade up. Programmable fade is important and is something I cannot achieve remotely with my Transcension 1224 DMX desk. Have to manually adjust the slider.
2. Activation of strobe and sound to light features on my ADJ 12P Hex lights. These are triggered by selecting a particular DMX range between 0 and 255.
3. Blackout

Hoping that this won’t be too difficult to program into the Lanbox LCX. Any pointers here would be appeciated.
I have a quote from the UK supplier so will probably order
soon.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:16:12 AM by Dan Reavey »

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 10:41:30 AM »

Hi
I realize that it’s been several months since I started this post and haven’t yet resolved the lighting control for my band.
Moving house and band funds has held things up.
Really need to sort it now as last gig with our tribute band, I was trying to run the intro music on my phone and once that had finished, kick in the lights whilst playing keys
I use a small RF hand held remote and whilst convenient, I can’t get any decent light timing if playing keys.
I did think of going down the DMXIS route and cost wise will probably work out the same as the Lanbox.
It was mentioned in an earlier post that the Lanbox LCX would best suit my situation and I’m inclined to agree.
Ideally all I want, have room for and time to setup is a foot controller.
These are quite limited so my Yamaha MFC10 and a Lanbox LCX would
be a capable and compact solution.

What I need to program is really quite basic.
1. A handful of scenes, some with a slow fade up. Programmable fade is important and is something I cannot achieve remotely with my Transcension 1224 DMX desk. Have to manually adjust the slider.
2. Activation of strobe and sound to light features on my ADJ 12P Hex lights. These are triggered by selecting a particular DMX range between 0 and 255.
3. Blackout

Hoping that this won’t be too difficult to program into the Lanbox LCX. Any pointers here would be appeciated.
I have a quote from the UK supplier so will probably order
soon.
Hi Dan,

I’ll send some stuff to your email, but a phone call would likely be helpful as well.

Stand by...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »

Hi Dan,

I don't seem to have your email address - could you send it to me either via PM or to my email:

info at bob charest music dot com

Dan Reavey

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 12:21:02 PM »

Hi
Have sent email.
Thanks.

Dan Reavey

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 07:27:12 AM »

It’s been a while but just following up on my light controller dilemma.
I ended up getting an ADJ DMX Operator One desk to use with my Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controller.
More compact than my Transcension DC1224 Scene Setter.
The Operator easily handles what I need to do. I get round the non programmable fade time by triggering the programs on the ADJ Hex 12p’s.
What the Operator does do that the DC 1224 didn’t is that
when selecting scenes via the board or midi, they cancel
the previous one (instant switch).
With the DC 1224, the scenes don’t switch like that unless you ‘step’ through a chase in Show Mode. You have to turn them off before selecting another.
It meant that with a midi foot controller, changing scenes
was a two button press whereas now I can jump to any scene or program with just one press.

Thanks to all and to Bob Charest for the help and info on the Lanbox LCX. Would have liked one for the programming possibilities and size but the Operator One was much cheaper and does what I need.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:00:07 AM by Dan Reavey »

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »

It’s been a while but just following up on my light controller dilemma.
I ended up getting a ADJ DMX Operator One desk to use with my Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controller.
More compact than my Transcension DC1224 Scene Setter.
The Operator easily handles what I need to do. I get round the non programmable fade time by triggering the programs on the ADJ Hex 12p’s.
What the Operator does do that the DC 1224 didn’t is that
when selecting scenes via the board or midi, they cancel
the previous one (instant switch).
With the DC 1224, the scenes don’t switch like that unless you ‘step’ through a chase in Show Mode. You have to turn them off before selecting another.
It meant that with a midi foot controller, changing scenes
was a two button press whereas now I can jump to any scene or program with just one press.

Thanks to all and to Bob Charest for the help and info on the Lanbox LCX. Would have liked one for the programming possibilities and size but the Operator One was much cheaper and does what I need.
Hi Dan,

I'm glad you got it sorted out!

Best regards,
Bob

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.