ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making a plan for a lighting upgrade  (Read 1874 times)

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
Re: Making a plan for a lighting upgrade
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 07:58:28 pm »

Thanks Jeff, I'm starting to come around to the strength-in-numbers approach too.  Gotta keep reminding myself that it's perfectly OK to have two or more fixtures pointed at the same area to increase brightness, even from multiple angles, without all the resulting comb-filtering that I have to worry about in audio.  Good to know about your par38 vs par64 rentals, thanks for that info. 

Good thoughts on the truss warming too, although that's likely where my Dotz Pars would end up before these next fixtures if anything.  But yes I'm trying to make this a logical, flexible addition to my inventory that will allow me to offer a basic stage wash package to add to the audio gigs I'm doing now, and give me something to practice chases/scenes/real world applications until such time that I'm ready to take the plunge into eye-candy stuff and the controllers that would go with it.  Hopefully by then I'll have more time under my belt dealing with deployment logistics that I can make a wise choice when that time comes.

Thanks everyone!  Anyone know a good Chauvet or Elation dealer in Western Canada?
Brown Bear Sound dot CA
Victoria BC Canada
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 17 queries.