ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alto Stealth wireless  (Read 3464 times)

Gary Greyhosky

• Carlisle, PA
    • Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC
Alto Stealth wireless
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:36:43 AM »

Anyone have any experience with the Alto Stealth wireless unit for remoting active speakers? I know Neutrik has the Xirium, but $$$ is an issue in this situation.
Gary Greyhosky
Managing Partner
Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: Alto Stealth wireless
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:40:01 AM »

It's a non diversity system.  At the price point, you get what you pay for.

I wanted to get the Stealth Pro, which is a higher end unit.  But they are super stealth.  2 years later, you STILL can't get the unit....
Brian Jojade

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:58:44 PM »

Anyone have any experience with the Alto Stealth wireless unit for remoting active speakers? I know Neutrik has the Xirium, but $$$ is an issue in this situation.

I looked at these when someone was selling a set on a FB group.  They are 610-640Mhz (per mfgr website).  If you're in North America that means they're a big no-go now.

veditor78

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »

Take a look at using a Sennheiser IEM-300-2 system. That's what I use and its in a price point that's between the Alto and the Xirium. It's been rock solid for me. If I need more range I have paddles and omni antennas to choose from.
Josh Rawls

Gary Greyhosky

• Carlisle, PA
    • Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »

Thanks for the replies fellas. I was also looking for the stealth pro, thinking it would be available by now. Was disappointed that it's not.

Thanks for pointing out the 600 MHz issue. I already have a rack of 8 mics to replace. What a good time.

I considered the IEM route also. Thanks for sharing your experience. That may very well be the way I go with this.
Gary Greyhosky
Managing Partner
Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »

Thanks for the replies fellas. I was also looking for the stealth pro, thinking it would be available by now. Was disappointed that it's not.

Thanks for pointing out the 600 MHz issue. I already have a rack of 8 mics to replace. What a good time.

I considered the IEM route also. Thanks for sharing your experience. That may very well be the way I go with this.

I have a Senn IEM transmitter and a wireless receiver. I set them to the same freq and use a pair of paddles. I picked them up on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 10:52:39 PM »

I have a Senn IEM transmitter and a wireless receiver. I set them to the same freq and use a pair of paddles. I picked them up on eBay.

I'm going to be using that set up this weekend, it works great.

With good antennas, outdoors, almost line of site with the exception of a couple trees I have gotten a reliable audio link up to 1500 feet with that set up.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 10:52:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.