ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: All you guys in Florida stay safe  (Read 11797 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: All you guys in Florida stay safe
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »

Well that was fun.  My property is under about a foot of water right now but it could have been much worse.  The sound of the storm was incredible!  Naturally I wanted to grab a good mic to record it, but with my system inaccessible due to the anticipated flooding I had to settle for the iPhone...  Hopefully everyone else made it through okay!

Glad you're well. We had a couple of inches of water rush into our shop when the whole neighborhood flooded. We were ready though. We had everything on pallets or in cases. Never lost power there as well.

Meanwhile at home I have a cedar tree laying across my roof and no power. Not too bad though all things considered. Also looks like we won't lose another weekend of shows, so that's good!

Take care out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Allred

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »

Florida's residents were actually lucky that Harvey hit Texas so recently.  Had it not, most of the evacuees would have rode it out.  As a result, more lives would have been lost, probably.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »

Meanwhile at home I have a cedar tree laying across my roof and no power. Not too bad though all things considered. Also looks like we won't lose another weekend of shows, so that's good!

Take care out there!
Little damage, but still waiting for power to be restored here in DeLand.  Yesterday got out and bought another pair of solar panels, bringing my total to around 525 watts best case.  I didn't get the panels hooked up until almost sundown, batteries were down to 11.7 V, only about 25%. Sunrise at 8 AM, by 10:30 they were fully charged,  enough juice to run a little freezer, laptop and cable modem and still keep the batteries charged, so should be able to keep the freezer going long enough to freeze water, yesterday only had it on long enough to cool some down...

I had expected the power to come back on as soon as I returned with the panels, but not the case. I still keep trying to turn on lights as I enter rooms, hard to get used to the outage, power company is expecting to have power on by the end of the weekend.

So all is well, other than not enough power for air conditioning or power tools, reading books, taking lots of cool showers...

Art

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »

Little damage, but still waiting for power to be restored here in DeLand.  Yesterday got out and bought another pair of solar panels, bringing my total to around 525 watts best case.  I didn't get the panels hooked up until almost sundown, batteries were down to 11.7 V, only about 25%. Sunrise at 8 AM, by 10:30 they were fully charged,  enough juice to run a little freezer, laptop and cable modem and still keep the batteries charged, so should be able to keep the freezer going long enough to freeze water, yesterday only had it on long enough to cool some down...

I had expected the power to come back on as soon as I returned with the panels, but not the case. I still keep trying to turn on lights as I enter rooms, hard to get used to the outage, power company is expecting to have power on by the end of the weekend.

So all is well, other than not enough power for air conditioning or power tools, reading books, taking lots of cool showers...

Art
Art, you are fortunate to have escaped with what you have.
So many have nothing.
A team from Hydro Quebec (around 75 trucks i believe) headed off to Georgia a few days ago.
We have our Ice and Snow Storms up here, some flooding from time to time. I cannot possible fathom what it is like for the "Powers that be" to be telling CITIES to "get out of Town"
Holy shit.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

I don't believe that anyone who has not gone through something like this can possible understand - myself included.  My prayers are with everyone affected by these terrible storms of late.
Quite honestly, I was praying that the hurricane didn't come my way and was closely watching the weather reports for a few days. Most of the devastation was done though before there was even a chance of it hitting here..... I  have never experienced a hurricane and hope never to do so. NC has been hit in the past but I wasn't here then.
When I lived in CA, all my family in the UK would worry for me  getting hit by earthquakes... funny but when I lived there I got so used to them over the years that I never really thought about them. I'd have folks visit from elsewhere and they would feel each and every little tremor.
My first experience was the Northridge quake - I was living in Rancho Cucamonga - right on the fault line but about 30 miles east. I only moved there in the september and it hit the next january waking us up out of bed- quite a rude awakening.
Now I am here I am very aware of the natural disasters that can befall me. Weird but I am not sure I will ever be as 'comfortable' with the possibility of a hurricane or tornado hitting as I was with an earthquake - not sure why  ....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 08:02:38 AM »

Art

Art if you're coming up 75 at all I have a generator you can borrow up in Gainesville.
I suspect you will be back online any day now. I know over this way and in Marion County they are close to 100% restored, at least in the cities.

There seems to be a trade off anywhere you live. We don't ever deal with snow, but we occasionally deal with giant nasty storms.

I've lived here since 1997 and I've never seen people evacuate like that before. I knew people inland who were getting out. That caused so many problems, gas shortages, food and water shortages, too many people traveling at once. It was pandemonium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 01:43:35 PM »

Art if you're coming up 75 at all I have a generator you can borrow up in Gainesville.
I suspect you will be back online any day now. I know over this way and in Marion County they are close to 100% restored, at least in the cities.
Eric,

Thanks for the offer, but now the update is the 3200 customers left with no power in Volusia county should have power by 11 PM tonight. Since I have made it over a week already, I'll just sit it out.

Evidently sitting around drinking, reading and sweating does not burn any calories, I have gained 12 pounds since the power went out!

Cheers,

Art

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »

Update: We had a decent amount of rain & gusts of around 80 at my house in Palm Harbor. No major damage for me though was out of power for 4 days. Never lost cable/Internet so the generator kept the beer cold and football on the tube. Gas & supplies were fairly hard to come by for most of the week though I was able to find a few restaurants that were open every day. Did lose a week's worth of gigs. That this storm sucked out a huge amount of water from the bay & gulf early really kept the flooding in this area to a minimum. I was especially glad for that as I live right off of Lake Tarpon. Glad everyone made it safely through this one.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »

Florida's residents were actually lucky that Harvey hit Texas so recently.  Had it not, most of the evacuees would have rode it out.  As a result, more lives would have been lost, probably.
It's hard to call getting hit by a major tropical storm as lucky.

The improved building standards (to survive cat 5) written after Hurricane Andrew trashed them in '92 seems to have made a difference.

JR 
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

David Allred

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 07:03:09 PM »

It's hard to call getting hit by a major tropical storm as lucky.

The improved building standards (to survive cat 5) written after Hurricane Andrew trashed them in '92 seems to have made a difference.

JR

So you recommend staying next time? 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 07:03:09 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.