ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: All you guys in Florida stay safe  (Read 11753 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: All you guys in Florida stay safe
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:18 AM »

God speed to you Scott.

Latest forecast models show Irma making a right hand turn and heading north sometime early Sunday. Still too early to know the exact path, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully it will dissipate at least some before it gets to Florida.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

David Allred

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »

God speed to you Scott.

Latest forecast models show Irma making a right hand turn and heading north sometime early Sunday. Still too early to know the exact path, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully it will dissipate at least some before it gets to Florida.

It is sad that the best thing for Florida at this point is for Cuba to take a centered direct hit and suck some force out.  (best thing for FLORIDA, horrible for Cuba and nearby islands)

It is also sad that hurricanes, tornadoes, even forest fires, are good and necessary for life on planet Earth....  unless you are in their way.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 09:17:44 PM »

I'm ready (as possible) for round #2, beer, booze, canned goods, bottled water, solar panels and lots of charged batteries.

It will be a little different this time as an owner rather than a renter..

Art
Big change from New Mexico Art. 

Steve Cook

• Iowa City, IA
    • Steve Cook Sound
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 09:56:15 AM »

Ready, building subs with plywood bought before last year's hurricane here, lather, rinse, repeat...
Deja vu all over again ;^).

Can 63hz cause the path of the storm to be altered?????  Build away!

Be safe, buddy. 

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »

Can 63hz cause the path of the storm to be altered?????  Build away!

Be safe, buddy.
Unfortunately, spending more time tracking Irma than building the subs, probably won't be making any noise with them anytime soon. 2 PM Sunday is predicted for it hitting Miami, but that's a long way out for a storm moving around 16 MPH, but not looking good.

I had the roof tore off two of my buildings in New Mexico, and my shop flooded once there (had to dig the van out of a mudslide), so it's not like any place I've lived has been without natural disasters, though it seems that they are increasing in frequency inversely proportional to my age ;^).

Art

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »

Unfortunately, spending more time tracking Irma than building the subs, probably won't be making any noise with them anytime soon. 2 PM Sunday is predicted for it hitting Miami, but that's a long way out for a storm moving around 16 MPH, but not looking good.

Yeah, it still keeps dancing around.  Either way, with today off from my day job and my compound all buttoned-up for the storm, the only logical thing to do at this point is to play with the pair of new Earthworks mics I got earlier this week!

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 10:09:24 PM »

Yeah, we are in a crazy spot here now. Another 5 million ordered evacuated today now that it is veering west.
I'm all the way in Gainesville (300 miles north of Miami) and we are flooded with evacuees. Like hardly any gas at gas stations and long lines at the ones that have it. Super markets getting cleaned out. Bumper to bumper 20mph on every highway north. It's absolute mayhem. Fortunately people so far are being pretty good to each other from what I can see.

I have lived in Florida 20 years and I've never seen this many people take a hurricane seriously. Usually you buy food and beer and find a friend with a generator. This time we have mass exodus. I think the exodus is causing or going to cause more problems than if people road it out (in places). Tomorrow night I hear they start diverting all traffic from i75 and to local shelters so people aren't stuck on the interstates. University of Florida here in town will likely get piles of people.

Got the shop all boarded up and everything in cases or on pallets. Expecting 80+mph winds, which is CRAZY for being 80 miles inland.

Pray for us, we lost a decent amount of work this weekend, hoping we don't lose more, and hoping even more for people to be safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 10:53:54 PM »

Prayers for everyone affected....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 08:47:22 PM »

Hope everyone is okay so far!  At least by me it hasn't been horrible yet.  We had a good string of tornadoes hit the area a few hours ago, but so far so good!

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »

Well that was fun.  My property is under about a foot of water right now but it could have been much worse.  The sound of the storm was incredible!  Naturally I wanted to grab a good mic to record it, but with my system inaccessible due to the anticipated flooding I had to settle for the iPhone...  Hopefully everyone else made it through okay!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.