ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: All you guys in Florida stay safe  (Read 2140 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
All you guys in Florida stay safe
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:56:23 am »

Look like Irma is set to make a direct hit on Florida sometime late Saturday to early Sunday. Already a Category 5 storm. Everyone stay safe and don't wait too long to bug out.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

David Allred

Re: All you guys in Florida stay safe
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:29:09 am »

Look like Irma is set to make a direct hit on Florida sometime late Saturday to early Sunday. Already a Category 5 storm. Everyone stay safe and don't wait too long to bug out.

Maybe it will cut right and stay off shore.  Resources and aid are spread thin right now.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:52:43 am »

Too early to bug out, but never too early to stock up on beer (>90% water).

JR
On the internet people tell you everything "they" know, not the answer to "your" question.

Art Welter

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:36:42 pm »

Too early to bug out, but never too early to stock up on beer (>90% water).

JR
I'm ready (as possible) for round #2, beer, booze, canned goods, bottled water, solar panels and lots of charged batteries.

It will be a little different this time as an owner rather than a renter..

Art

Jamin Lynch

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 01:55:51 pm »

This is were my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids live.

Because of their location, they stay prepared when the storm season comes around. Although they did evacuated during the last one.

I know of people who evacuated from Corpus Christi were I live right into major flooding in Houston.

Keeping an eye on this one.
Authorized Dealer for: JBL, Crown, Soundcraft, dbx, Lexicon, AKG, BSS, Sennheiser, CBI Cables, Countryman, ProCo Sound, Da-Lite Screens, Dunlop, Digitech, Grundorf, Lumastream Lighting, Hosa, Gator Cases, Perdue Acoustics, Optoma, Cosmic Truss, and others. jlsoundpro@gmail.com

Using: JBL VP tops, subs, and monitors, Si Performer

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 02:02:40 pm »

I'm ready (as possible) for round #2, beer, booze, canned goods, bottled water, solar panels and lots of charged batteries.

It will be a little different this time as an owner rather than a renter..

Art
I lost power for almost a week after Katrina (and almost lost my house when a 100' cottonwood dropped 20' away) but I never ran out of beer... semper paratus. 

Hurricanes don't exactly sneak up on you, if you are semi-conscious you should know it is coming.

JR
On the internet people tell you everything "they" know, not the answer to "your" question.

David Allred

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 04:12:50 pm »

Hurricanes don't exactly sneak up on you, if you are semi-conscious you should know it is coming.

JR
Or don't watch or read news during political seasons like ... oooopps almost went politics there. 

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 04:36:35 pm »

I lost power for almost a week after Katrina (and almost lost my house when a 100' cottonwood dropped 20' away) but I never ran out of beer... semper paratus. 

JR

True, but IMO, the weather news stations have a vested interest in crying "wolf" for ratings.  After a while people just tend to ignore the warnings-at least it's that way up here with snow.  Let's hope this is a case where a warning really isn't needed.  I wouldn't wish the mess that's in Houston on anyone!
Steve Swaffer

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 05:42:51 pm »

Keeping an eye on this one.

I hear ya.  I'm now in the same situation that you were when you started your thread right before the last hurricane!  I guess it's Florida's turn again!  Thankfully my client for this weekend is sensible and has already postponed their event.  Hope everyone down here is ready to go again!

Art Welter

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 05:50:47 pm »

I hear ya.  I'm now in the same situation that you were when you started your thread right before the last hurricane!  I guess it's Florida's turn again!  Thankfully my client for this weekend is sensible and has already postponed their event.  Hope everyone down here is ready to go again!
Ready, building subs with plywood bought before last year's hurricane here, lather, rinse, repeat...
Deja vu all over again ;^).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.