ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonic Attack  (Read 7293 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Hey "J."

I'm not the moderator on this forum or I would have locked you out already. If you don't respond and correct your profile to include your real full name very soon (maybe tomorrow), you we be locked out. Sorry, but that's the rule.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Sonic Attack
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »

(Thanks, Mike. I actually received a PM from another user asking me if "Ray" was my real name, or if it's really "Raymond," so I appreciate the support and backup from the moderator team, even if you're not able to lock posts in this subforum.)
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 09:47:41 AM »

(Thanks, Mike. I actually received a PM from another user asking me if "Ray" was my real name, or if it's really "Raymond," so I appreciate the support and backup from the moderator team, even if you're not able to lock posts in this subforum.)

In the interest of full disclosure "Mike" isn't my real name either. I'm actually John Micheal, which only cops and grade school nuns called me. As in "John, do you know how fast you were going"? Or "John, why is your assignment late"? Or the worst was from my mother "John Micheal, stop hitting your brother"? To this day when anyone calls me John I feel my sphincter tighten up. 

Please call me "Mike"....

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »

I recently saw a newspaper piece where our state dept suggested it might be from a listening device, but no physical evidence of a device has been found.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 02:09:13 PM »

I recently saw a newspaper piece where our state dept suggested it might be from a listening device, but no physical evidence of a device has been found.

JR

Have they checked the Great Seal?
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »

In the interest of full disclosure "Mike" isn't my real name either. I'm actually John Micheal, which only cops and grade school nuns called me. As in "John, do you know how fast you were going"? Or "John, why is your assignment late"? Or the worst was from my mother "John Micheal, stop hitting your brother"? To this day when anyone calls me John I feel my sphincter tighten up. 

Please call me "Mike"....

When they came up with the rules for "full real name" I believe what they meant is what the general public -- your friends, your coworkers, your business associates, the people you meet in person -- know you as.

So I guess I'm afoul of the spirit of the law, because I usually go by Jon. You can call me Jonathan on here if you want, it doesn't bother me either way. I'll answer to either. Just -- please -- don't call me Johnny. Or John (with an H). I might not answer.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 02:28:46 PM »

When they came up with the rules for "full real name" I believe what they meant is what the general public -- your friends, your coworkers, your business associates, the people you meet in person -- know you as.

So I guess I'm afoul of the spirit of the law, because I usually go by Jon. You can call me Jonathan on here if you want, it doesn't bother me either way. I'll answer to either. Just -- please -- don't call me Johnny. Or John (with an H). I might not answer.
I figure use whatever name I can write a check to you for professional services.

Since I am not going to write a check to "dopesubman36", I feel no need to discuss things with someone identified as such.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

John L Nobile

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 03:21:06 PM »

broadcast audio from the "View", code name bay of pigs 2.

:) Good one!

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 05:50:51 PM »

A possible ultrasonic weapon targeting diplomats in Cuba?

There is good evidence that hearing loss can result from longterm exposure to ultrasound, based on studies of people working in factories where ultrasound is used to weld plastic parts.

It may have been an inadvertent "collision of frequencies" (aka: IM distortion).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/did-these-computer-scientists-solve-the-cuban-sonic-attack

-Dennis

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »

It may have been an inadvertent "collision of frequencies" (aka: IM distortion).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/did-these-computer-scientists-solve-the-cuban-sonic-attack

-Dennis
"The Daily Beast reached out to the authors of the companion JAMA report that described the symptoms the patients faced and the fact that they seemed to suffer neurological damage. The authors declined to comment."

Yes, beat frequencies can be audible, but they don't cause brain damage. Still not a "solve"..

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.