ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotting Counterfeit Products  (Read 4042 times)

Dennis Wiggins

Re: Spotting Counterfeit Products
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 07:18:48 PM »

I'm not sure how you think this listing is counterfeit. The box is a bit older, but that can be explained by "sat in a drawer for years." The sticker is right for being older.

(It was interesting that in the video, the item with the same box as this one was from 2008, I think, and the other one from 2012. Shure does update their packaging regularly. The whole bag-feeling-different isn't something to worry about- I regularly order and stock replacement black vinyl bags, and the feel does vary from batch to batch, and these are being ordered directly from Shure.)

Don't write off all eBay sellers because of someone's (alleged) bad experience. If you ever question whether a seller is legitimate, contact Shure Customer Service (800-434-3350) and ask if so-and-so is an authorized reseller. If the eBay seller won't give you a real business name, then that is, of course, a red flag. In my listings, though, I mention "Kelcema Audio," our eBay handle is kelcema, and so it would be easy for someone to verify our authenticity. (That, and I keep our Delivery Notes from Shure, so I can document when our product arrived from Shure!)

-Ray

Perhaps I am being an alarmist.  :-[   I was attempting to help out the "young pups" that venture here.

-Dennis

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 09:29:28 AM »

Pretty hard to get a copy to.....stay on the weight scale? This is not helpful, unless we know the weight of a real mic in advance.
And also have access to the mic in question to weigh it. If you have already bought it, you can only tell if you get screwed.
Shure 58/ Net Weight. 298 grams

A friend of mine plcked up a Shure 58 off Fleabay and it did not weigh 298grams/10.5oz
It was a knock off and he got his money back and the seller did not want the mic back.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 09:29:28 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.