ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mounting a single ETC Source Four + fuzzy gobo edges?  (Read 5326 times)

Bill McKelvey

Re: Mounting a single ETC Source Four + fuzzy gobo edges?
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »

2 Part Question

2. I'm getting fuzzy edges with the 50 degree barrel, wondering if the enhanced definition lens tube would solve that problem? I can focus the inside of the logo but the outside gets fuzzy.

Josh Billings
In a pinch Rosco 181 Congo Blue can be used to make a quick donut. Start with a small hole, adjust slowly to proper size.

John Fruits

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 12:16:58 PM »

In addition to donuts, another gobo trick with incandescent ERS is the use of split colors in the color frame.  Tom Skelton sometimes used a full cut of one color with a circle cut out and replaced with a second color.  It's also great with rotating breakup gobos. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Hebbard

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:58 PM »

I made a wonky donut out of a piece of aluminum foil to test and dang you guys are right. That works really well!

I'll look into having a base fabricated, but wouldn't one of these tripod stands be cheaper / easier?

Josh
Making your hasty donut out of black wrap foil in a matte black frame for support or slipped in your gel frame behind your gel and / or painting your shiny donut with flat black chimney paint will lessen reflection back into the lens and result in a minute improvement.  When donuts are cut from reflective metals, the beam reflects back into the lens, often all the way back to the source's reflector where it reflects back out the lens effectively broadening the desired point source.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:58 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.