ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pop up canopy replacement  (Read 6807 times)

Mal Brown

Pop up canopy replacement
« on: August 20, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »

What are you guys using ? EZ-Up is too light for the wind in my area.   I'm doing Stand Up Paddle Races today. The canopy they provided is bomber.  6 sided aluminum legs, a center post (like EZ-Up but way beefier) and vents in the top.  ... and no brand name to be found...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Pop up canopy replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 06:34:09 PM »

What are you guys using ? EZ-Up is too light for the wind in my area.   I'm doing Stand Up Paddle Races today. The canopy they provided is bomber.  6 sided aluminum legs, a center post (like EZ-Up but way beefier) and vents in the top.  ... and no brand name to be found...

Ummm... Ask "them" ?
Sounds like an industrial supplier of tent thingys. Maybe custom, likely stock.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 06:40:54 PM »

EZ-up makes a couple of sturdier series with thicker legs and more robust hardware. So far they seem to hold up well on tour.

Mal Brown

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 07:19:44 PM »

Ask them.. tried that...  them didn't know.  May have to try their marketing dept as the canopies were the custom print logo variety printed.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »

King Canopy is what floats to the surface of my memory...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »

Good ones cost a bit more money. We used to use EZ-UP brand canopies that were in the $400-$500 range and they were beefy. You could do pullups on the crossbars and the unit would not be affected. They have many different levels of quality in their offerings.
Lately we have been using the $80 home depot 8x8 straight legged canopies, and they get damaged on almost every show, to the point of requiring repair. Luckily you can get parts for them for cheap. Once you factor in the repair time they aren't so cheap. 8x8 straight legged canopies are great for risers, $80 price point is great for the wallet, $80 quality, ... not so much.

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 09:15:49 PM »

Give KD Kanopy a look. Much more robust than many other brands. It costs more but it lasts.
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 11:57:18 PM »

KD Canopy XTF
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »

+1 on KD Kanopy

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »

Yepper, you guys refreshed my memory... it's KD Canopy, not King.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.