ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antenna options for RF Explorer  (Read 2857 times)

Eric Christian

Antenna options for RF Explorer
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:32:12 PM »

I just bought an RF Explorer 6G so please forgive my newbieness on the subject.

It comes with a few different antennas and from the manual I can see that the extendable Nagoya NA-773 is the best choice out of those for frequencies under 1000MHz.

There is also an option to purchase a rubber ducky style antenna that is specific to 400-900MHz.  I'm wondering how much of an improvement this will give if any over the stock antenna?

If I were to use a SMA to BNC adapter can I connect the RF Explorer to a Shure antenna distro system or daisy chain off a wireless mic receiver without damaging the RF Explorer? Would this require using a DC blocker?  The RF Explorer 6G specs that it can handle up to a +30dbm signal.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:34:42 PM by Eric Christian »

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Antenna options for RF Explorer
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:45:02 PM »

I just bought an RF Explorer 6G so please forgive my newbieness on the subject.

It comes with a few different antennas and from the manual I can see that the extendable Nagoya NA-773 is the best choice out of those for frequencies under 1000MHz.

There is also an option to purchase a rubber ducky style antenna that is specific to 400-900MHz.  I'm wondering how much of an improvement this will give if any over the stock antenna?

Without actually testing either, difficult to say, except that given it's [supposedly] optimized for 400-900, it should perform "better".

If I were to use a SMA to BNC adapter can I connect the RF Explorer to a Shure antenna distro system or daisy chain off a wireless mic receiver without damaging the RF Explorer? Would this require using a DC blocker?  The RF Explorer 6G specs that it can handle up to a +30dbm signal.

If the RF output of the Shure multi-coupler or the mic receiver cascade has DC, then yes, you'll need to use a DC block. Depending on the model you have, it can take a maximum input of +5 or +10dBm, which is fine for connecting to a multi-coupler output (but do NOT connect directly to a transmitter). It would be a good idea though to have both 10dB and 20dB attenuators in your kit.[/quote]
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Eric Christian

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »

Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.