ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Countryman Piano Pickup System..??  (Read 5460 times)

DavidTurner

Countryman Piano Pickup System..??
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »

Helpinstill has made a number of custom pickup systems for touring artists, including 4, 5 and 6 pickup systems.  The current product line seems to use 3 pick ups...

Please ignore. Operator error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:56:33 PM by DavidTurner »

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: Countryman Piano Pickup System..??
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 12:04:01 PM »

The obligatory topic swerve.

Has anyone heard of a Yamahiko piano pickup system?  Just got a rider speccing this and some quick googling makes it look to be made of unobtainium as a rental item.  Seems they are custom made in Japan and direct order from the maker. Anyone got a lead on a rental vendor in the US ?

Solotech has at least two that I know of. Just put them into a TV production in Toronto last week.
They might have more. Worth a call to the Vegas office to check inventory.

John Fruits

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »

Back to the OP's question, no idea on value, BUT since so few were made, and likely used by very famous people, It could be sold to some sucker err, avid collector of R & R memorabilia.  Do some digging into the provenance.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »

Back to the OP's question, no idea on value, BUT since so few were made, and likely used by very famous people, It could be sold to some sucker err, avid collector of R & R memorabilia.  Do some digging into the provenance.

I didn't get an exact number, but the musician I spoke with thought that Carl built "a couple of handfulls" of these systems.  My guess was a dozen or so.  Might be a few dozen, but from what I was told I'd be greatly surprised if there were more than 50 assembled and probably only a few have survived the march of time.

Dunno about using it or how safe it might not be, some 40 years later, but you're right, if provenance can be established it might well be worth something to a collector.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.