ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ed Greene RIP  (Read 1987 times)

Peterskine

Ed Greene RIP
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:29:51 AM »

As reported by his son Grant, Ed Greene passed about an hour ago (Aug 9 9pm) , after a terrific 4-month battle.
They are planning a remembrance event in L. A. next month.

Ed Was a terrific mixer, meticulous in his preparation and always the nicest person. He is already missed.

RIP Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Ed Greene RIP
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:23:51 AM »

As reported by his son Grant, Ed Greene passed about an hour ago (Aug 9 9pm) , after a terrific 4-month battle.
They are planning a remembrance event in L. A. next month.

Ed Was a terrific mixer, meticulous in his preparation and always the nicest person. He is already missed.

RIP Ed

The NY AES convention will commemorate his life's work in audio. Details are still being planned. His AES oral histories can be found here and here. A nice synopsis of his career is here

Most folk likely do not realize Ed's innovations and influence over broadcast audio and the broadcast A1 position (at least in North America), and how both have become incredibly important to the soundscape for everything from the nightly game show to sports television to the Olympics. I still have my Greene Crowe shirt (circa 1984).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:28:32 AM by Henry Cohen »
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »

The NY AES convention will commemorate his life's work in audio. Details are still being planned. His AES oral histories can be found here and here. A nice synopsis of his career is here

Most folk likely do not realize Ed's innovations and influence over broadcast audio and the broadcast A1 position (at least in North America), and how both have become incredibly important to the soundscape for everything from the nightly game show to sports television to the Olympics. I still have my Greene Crowe shirt (circa 1984).

And an RPT graduate.  Everyone knows MIT, IMHO RPT is the finest engineering school in the country.  What a career.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

I got to work with Ed exactly one time, but it's one of the highlights of my career.  I was mixing the house audio at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC for a broadcast awards show shoot.  i found out that none other than Ed Greene was in the truck, so I made up some excuse to go say hi.  I honestly think i was more star-struck meeting Ed than i've ever been meeting any of the 'celebrities' i've worked with.

[I also remember the Antares Auto-Tune unit sitting on the sidecar next to the console.  I asked about it and Ed just smiled and said 'not every singer is quite as solid live as they are in the studio' or something to that effect.  :)  ]

Our world would not be what it is without the contributions of Ed Greene.  He will be sorely missed...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.