ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure u844 antenna combiner question  (Read 2379 times)

Nick Andrews

Shure u844 antenna combiner question
« on: August 11, 2017, 08:27:16 PM »

Hi everyone,

My question to you,  is it possible to setup 6 qlxd systems and 6 blx24r systems systems on one ua844 each via using the ua221 passive spliters to combine the last two systems ? or possibly some other way thats even less expensive?

Here is the gear I have

6 channels QLXD wireless
6 channels of BLX24R wireless
2 shure ua844 antenna combiner units
a bunch of shure 1/4 wave and 1/2 wave antennas

any thoughts , comments, suggestions all welcomed... i'm trying not to have to buy an additional 2) ua844 or similar combiners... These systems will generally 95% of the time not be operated in the same locations , they are part of 2 separate mobile systems I would be sending out. But it would be nice to be able to have 12 channels of wireless sometimes all together for something a little larger or more involved....

cheers and many thanks !
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:48:11 PM by Nick Andrews »

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Shure u844 antenna combiner question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:12:36 AM »

My question to you,  is it possible to setup 6 qlxd systems and 6 blx24r systems systems on one ua844 each via using the ua221 passive spliters to combine the last two systems ? or possibly some other way thats even less expensive?

Here is the gear I have

6 channels QLXD wireless
6 channels of BLX24R wireless
2 shure ua844 antenna combiner units
a bunch of shure 1/4 wave and 1/2 wave antennas

any thoughts , comments, suggestions all welcomed... i'm trying not to have to buy an additional 2) ua844 or similar combiners... These systems will generally 95% of the time not be operated in the same locations , they are part of 2 separate mobile systems I would be sending out. But it would be nice to be able to have 12 channels of wireless sometimes all together for something a little larger or more involved....

The least expensive and most versatile configuration is likely to buy ten 2-way splitters: The first two split the incoming antennas to the two UA844's; the next four pairs split UA844 diversity outputs 3 & 4 to receivers 5 & 6. I prefer the Mini-Circuits over the Shure, about $530.00 for the ten, $545.00 with brackets. Just note these splitters do not pass DC.

I would however suggest a better option: Buy another UA844 and eight 2-way splitters.
- When using two separate six channel systems, you'd have one UA844 and the four splitters to feed the six receivers.
- When configuring as a single 12 channel system, the new UA844 takes the incoming antenna coax and feeds the two other UA844's and receivers 5 and 6.

The best solution would be to sell your two UA844's and buy two eight diversity output Lectrosonics UMC16B for each six channel receiver rack (don't forget to terminate the unused output ports) and two passive splitters for the antennas to feed the two UMC16B's.

Don't skimp on the RF distribution; it'll only create problems and aggravation.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Shure u844 antenna combiner question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:12:36 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.