ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help on a Installed sound System  (Read 2940 times)

Ricardo Hidalgo

Help on a Installed sound System
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:34:10 AM »

Hi Friends,

I have been working in a project to open a Night Club in Londrina (city) located in south Brazil. It’s a very personal project with own investments, however it’s a dream that I will to make happen, no matter how. And considering it’s my baby, I want to provide all the best, so the sound system is everything and must to be “The One”

I am looking for high quality sound systems, but also for cash balance. Considering it's a start-up company all investments and alternatives must to be explored. I have been talking to many sound systems brands around the globe, becase we don’t have any good manufactures here in Brazil. The top Brands (F1, Martin Audio, VOID, etc) prices are so high. This is because Brazil local currency is like 0,33 of a Dollar and our taxes to import electronic equipaments are really crayz, such as 60% to 100% of the produc price.

So I have two question that I hope to get some contributions to my proejct:

Question 1: I spoke to differents sales consultasnts on TOP Brand and each one of them suggest very different systems and configurations. My feeling is that they are not so concerned with my necessity, but they what to sell much products they can. So What would be the most appropriate confiruation for the room where the system will be iinstalled. Stack ou Line array. The room has 17 meters length X 5 meter width x 3 meters ceiling/height.

Question 2: Is there any local manufactures in USA/Canada that has high quality product with better prices. My dream would be have something close to Funltion One system.

I would appreciate some help here. Im just a guy traying to make my project come true.

Thanks

David Allred

Re: Help on a Installed sound System
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:56:36 AM »

Bands, DJ, both?  How big will the dance floor be?  How big will the stage be?  Elevated?  How high?  Any structures in the space, like columns?

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »

This is a very oddly dimensioned space.... 55.8 feet long x 16.4 feet wide x 9.8 feet high. Possibly a former bowling alley.
Could be some interesting solutions depending on projected use.
Scott Hofmann

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »

I would appreciate some help here. Im just a guy traying to make my project come true.

Thanks

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »

Hi Friends,

I have been working in a project to open a Night Club in Londrina (city) located in south Brazil. It’s a very personal project with own investments, however it’s a dream that I will to make happen, no matter how. And considering it’s my baby, I want to provide all the best, so the sound system is everything and must to be “The One”

I am looking for high quality sound systems, but also for cash balance. Considering it's a start-up company all investments and alternatives must to be explored. I have been talking to many sound systems brands around the globe, becase we don’t have any good manufactures here in Brazil. The top Brands (F1, Martin Audio, VOID, etc) prices are so high. This is because Brazil local currency is like 0,33 of a Dollar and our taxes to import electronic equipaments are really crayz, such as 60% to 100% of the produc price.

So I have two question that I hope to get some contributions to my proejct:

Question 1: I spoke to differents sales consultasnts on TOP Brand and each one of them suggest very different systems and configurations. My feeling is that they are not so concerned with my necessity, but they what to sell much products they can. So What would be the most appropriate confiruation for the room where the system will be iinstalled. Stack ou Line array. The room has 17 meters length X 5 meter width x 3 meters ceiling/height.

Question 2: Is there any local manufactures in USA/Canada that has high quality product with better prices. My dream would be have something close to Funltion One system.

Thanks

Look up Pure Groove Systems.  They can put you in touch with my friends Felipe Linares and Lucas Graczyki, who are active around Sao Paolo in the club and festival scene.

You can get better than F1 but you can't really pay more.... :-)

Seriously, get in touch with Felipe and he can talk you through it.

Good luck.

http://www.puregroovesystems.com/
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »

Not sure if Puregroove can get these but a pair of Danley SM80fs flown and a BC218 sub would give you all of the volume and sound quality you'd need in a room that size, I'd think.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 12:48:45 PM »

Not sure if Puregroove can get these but a pair of Danley SM80fs flown and a BC218 sub would give you all of the volume and sound quality you'd need in a room that size, I'd think.
As an example.  The low end of the SM80F (above 45Hz) is roughly equal to 3 to 4 normal 2x18" subs.

And the top (mid/high) section still outruns the LF section (on heavier type material)
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 12:48:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.