ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer P16-M a joke or a steal of a deal?  (Read 24813 times)

Jared Koopman

Re: Behringer P16-M a joke or a steal of a deal?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 12:32:58 PM »

The P16's actually work quite well, at least for us. I prefer them over Aviom honestly (I have no tried the new Aviom stuff tho). We use them with the X32 so I have no idea how well the Behringer P16i works with other systems.

Irvin Pribadi

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 06:04:08 PM »

I have the P-16 distributor and 4 personal consoles daisy chained.
I've had them for almost a year now used weekly at my church.

No issues so far, I can say they are slightly on the cheap side:
1. Knobs have inconsistent physical resistance when turning them
2. One or two buttons are a bit sticky; you gotta press them real deep before functioning

Overall I'm still very pleased as the functionality is great at that killer price.
IMO over past 7-8 years using various Behringer stuff: EQ, compressor, xover and now personal monitors, overall they're good: great design, great functionality, with some reliability issues.

Example is I've had two FBQ2496 feedback destroyers (I used them as a dual 20ch parametric EQs) go out on me due to overload and feedbacks. Got both of them replaced under warranty.
Behringer products lack the robustness of higher end brands but when carefully used they perform very well.

John Simeon

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »

Listen man...
I have read folks bashing this board and it's "Aviom" style personal monitors.  I ended up buying a handful of them along with the X32 after using them at a conference.  Stuff works great for the price paid.  The Behringer people are also pretty helpful in setting everything up on their 800 number.  People are comparing this system to 10,000 dollar boards.  Of course it's not gonna measure up.  Let's get real. This thing has replaced all my compressors, my Parametric eq's, Graphic Eq's, effects processors ect.... for under 2,500 a DIGITAL BOARD with personal in ear style monitors for under 200 bucks?  Sorry for the rant...ha ha

They work great.  They have a built in EQ that I wouldn't give an award to, and it is a tad bit confusing at first, but for $200 it's a no brainer.  Just remember that for JUST the Aviom system, your looking at about 5g's for everything (from my research).... Oh yeah, and this setup replaced an Allen and Heath.  I like it a little better.   Just my .02 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:06:51 PM by John Simeon »

Keith Shannon

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »

Is this an actual product?  Has somebody had their hands on some units?  The related information on the Behringer web site seems limited to marketing type information with no technical data or manual available, which makes me wonder if this is something actually available.
At least for me, Behringer's past business practices of many years makes respect likely unobtainable and perhaps less disdain would be more accurate.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/P16M

Marked in stock, looks real enough.

Now, the prices quoted in the OP are not the end of the story. If you're not using the X32 mixer, you need an ADA8000 A/D converter for each 8 channels ($250 each), a P16-I IEM input controller ($350), then the $250 for the mixer is per mixer, and if the input module is at the sound board (keeping the ADAT cables short and well-protected), you'll want a P16-D distributor on stage as the hub for all the mixers. Add cabling, and a 16-channel 6-mix system similar to Aviom's would be in the $2600 range. Still a huge savings over the $5k A16 system; it's comparable to the Hear Back 4-Pack, but the Hear Back system is more limited (8 channels, 4 mixes for $1675). The same A/D components seem to be expandable into a digital snake system; another pair of ADA8000s can take the same 16 channels and turn them back to analog, allowing the two units that make the A/D conversion to be on-stage and a pair of ADAT cables running back to the board for live mixing/recording, instead of needing an analog home run and digital monitor return from the direct outs. All depends on what you already have, I guess.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:45:35 PM by Keith Shannon »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.