ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting to speakon  (Read 3803 times)

Jon Roelfs

converting to speakon
« on: July 26, 2017, 02:20:58 AM »

Hello, first off, I'm pretty green to using speakons. We have a small portable rig and want to get rid of the mixture of banana, 1/4" and bare wires by converting everything to speakon. The amp already has speakon outputs. The speakers are Yamaha S115IV. After searching on here the best route for us is to just replace the dishes with a D0604K from parts express. Not sure which chassis connector to use, someone mentioned neutrik has one with spade terminals for a plug and play replacement.

What cable connectors do we use for the speaker cables themselves? All cords are two conductor. Do we use the NL2, needs to have screw type terminals because I can't solder tiny things? It looks like neutrik redesigned the grey ring and now it matches the NL4.

Finally, after someone asked about plugging a guitar directly into a 1/4" monitor jack on the stage at church. We will be converting these as a preventative measure as well. The current fix is keep them covered with gaff tape when not in use. What chassis connector should we use here? Needs to have screw type terminals and mount in a d series panel mount.

I didn't realize there were so many options to choose from.

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
Re: converting to speakon
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:08:18 AM »

Hi There,

NL4MP-ST will have screw type lugs and fits d series panels. It will accept both NL2 and NL4 cable end connectors.

NL2FX and NL4FX both have screw type termination for your cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Roelfs

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:40:23 AM »

NL2MP in the dishes for the Yamaha s115iv, I'm not sure on the factory spade size
NL2FX to make cables with
NL4MP-ST for the stage boxes

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »

These answers are good, I just want to expand on the why.

You can plug an NL2 cable into an NL4 jack, but not the other way around. NL4 cable has to have an NL4 jack.

For your setup, you could do NL2 everywhere and save a little bit of money.

If you've been fixing 1/4" cables, you are going to LOVE the Neutrik stuff!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.