ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha LS9 to DAW over Wifi / Network without Dante or I/O Card  (Read 6936 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Yamaha LS9 to DAW over Wifi / Network without Dante or I/O Card
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 03:17:02 PM »

Define crazy.  A pair of Yamaha MY Dante cards plus a Dante Virtual Soundcard license is probably within a couple hundred dollars of the cost of a full size Behringer X32, perhaps more than a small frame version. MY cards from Ebay might bring the investment down closer to $1K but cheap isn't on the menu for 24+ tracks.  Staying in the Yamaha universe might have some value for you and used Dante cards might hold resale value longer than an X32.  Looking over the Behringer forums might give some insight into life in that universe but most of the users there are musicians rather than sound pros so S/N is less than optimal.

Can you do a multi-track recording and be able to master each channel in post-production without using I/O slots at all? I dont want to purchase anything crazy here

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 12:00:32 AM »

Which consoles do you recommend?

Off the top of my head, X32 and Allen & Heath QU will act as a computer interface. The QU will record 16 mono tracks plus a stereo track straight to a USB drive with no computer, or 32 channels via USB to a computer.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »

Which consoles do you recommend?

What are your uses? Knowing what you use the console for will help with good answers.

For me, I have Dante cards for all my digital desks. Makes it easy for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Chris Yoon

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 06:43:05 PM »

......... so instead of purchasing the right card(s) to work in your LS9, you prefer to just purchase another entire console?

-Ray

No, we have this mixer at a location we rented out and was curious as a separate question. but we need to use this particular one.

Think my best bet is to use the 16x Omni Outs for each channel I want. I have a Motu Ultralite mk3, with 10 inputs so I'll have to unfortunately combine channels, mainly all drums, all backup vocals, and then do the rest of the instruments to make 10.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 07:19:54 PM »

No, we have this mixer at a location we rented out and was curious as a separate question. but we need to use this particular one.

Think my best bet is to use the 16x Omni Outs for each channel I want. I have a Motu Ultralite mk3, with 10 inputs so I'll have to unfortunately combine channels, mainly all drums, all backup vocals, and then do the rest of the instruments to make 10.

If you use all the Omni outputs you will have no PA.  I presume this does not matter.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to setup the Yamaha LS9 to my computer DAW over a Wifi / network connection through the standard Cat5 plug that is in the back of the mixer without having to purchase / use the I/O card slots.

I know this can be done for the iPad for the Stage Mix Software but I also simultaneously need to record multi-track on my computer for mastering/post-prod purposes after a live FOH type session. I dont want a combined track but a totally controllable mastering that I could do after recording the live session.

Let me know if this is possible!

The Yamaha MY-16-AUD Dante cards are abotu $550 each, last I checked. Each one will do 16 channels, so you'll need 2 to get 32 channels. Each card comes with a Dante Virtual Soundcard license. The only other thing you will need is a gigabit Ethernet switch, such as the Netgear ProSafe GS108T, which is about $50, and three sheilded Cate5e cables.

Still cheaper than buying another console, considering you already have the LS9.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.