ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What size stage?  (Read 1298 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: What size stage?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 07:13:37 pm »

Have you contacted the band?  Just because it's not in the rider doesn't mean they won't give you some input if you ask.

If you're concerned about stage size, you're pretty much always going to be better off erring by going bigger than smaller.  You can always spread people out a bit, or find something to put on the stage to take up the space.  If it's too crowded, nobody is going to be happy all night.
Brian Jojade

Craig Leerman

• Spanning the Globe as a
  • Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 08:22:57 pm »

FWIW my most popular stage rental over the years is a 16' wide x 12' ' deep size, with the next being a 20x16. I just did a three pc band and a rapper with DJ on a 16 x 12 because a larger stage did not fit in the space.  I would make sure your 16x16 would work for the band then buy some skirting

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Steve Crump

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:33 pm »

I appreciate the input.

I am going with the 16 x 20 and see what happens. I know it will be enough and after the show if it is too much I will know for the next time.

John J.R. Bogle

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 03:21:18 am »

Have you contacted the band?  Just because it's not in the rider doesn't mean they won't give you some input if you ask.

If you're concerned about stage size, you're pretty much always going to be better off erring by going bigger than smaller.  You can always spread people out a bit, or find something to put on the stage to take up the space.  If it's too crowded, nobody is going to be happy all night.

My thoughts exactly. Get contact info and ask. Foregoing this, I'd say the OP is doing the right thing. Some groups like to be close some like to be spread out. With no drummer, you probably don't need a lot of depth (the keys being the biggest footprint) but having extra space is rarely a problem. Does the venue have any decor items like plants etc... You can always use them as book ends if they like to cluster together in the center. Sometimes creative pipe & drape can work as well (if available).
Just some thoughts.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.