Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Avolites users?

(1/3) > >>

Steve Litcher:
I reluctantly entered into the lighting world (primarily out of necessity because 99% of our customers were requesting sound AND lights), so we started quite simple - Lixada 7x10 LEDs, QLC+ software, Enttec USB Pro Mk2, and a few ADJ DJ effects lights.

The set-up worked surprisingly well, but we've since added 8 moving heads (Blizzard Blades and G-Streaks) and are looking to add 4 Blizzard Pixelicious soon. We've also been replacing the Lixadas with Hotbox RGBA lights, and have bumped up to 32 LED PARs now. (Man, that escalated quickly)

As much as I'm comfortable with the QLC+ software, it looks like I need a "true" controller solution. I'm told that programming the movers will be much more easy/intuitive, as will controlling them while busking.

The Avolites Titan Mobile has my interest piqued. It's very unlikely that our lighting rig will expand beyond what we have now. If it does, that'll indicate that we've moved to the "next level" and I'll have to bring on a true LD.

Any thoughts on the Avolites Titan Mobile? I definitely want to buy once/cry once with this purchase. :-)

Thanks in advance!

John Fruits:
Lots of choices, since you are in Wisconsin, what no ETC, oh wait you could go with an entry level Hog, the Hoglet 4 is in that price range. You should also take a look at Chamsys, very common in Europe and things should improve since they are now part of Chauvet.
You might also take a look at the Pathway Cognito, easy to learn and they have a fairly nice app for those times when you are having one person running sound and lights in a small club.  All of these can be downloaded for free so you can kick the tires and see what works best for you.  Also do you have LD's you plan to use, what do they like?

Steve Litcher:
Thanks, John!

I've been looking at the ETC as well, and yep - they are just down the road from our warehouse. I may have to go over and play around a bit. :)

The Pathway Cognito has me intrigued... it looks very intuitive, for sure. I'm not at the level where I need to worry about rider friendliness, but I do wonder how mainstream it is. Their user forums don't have many posts... but man, it sure seems to make sense (at least to a non-lighting guy like me).

I demo'd Chamsys and it didn't click with me as much. Hoglet 4 also looks interesting and falls within the budget... so many options...

Jamie Chappa:
Having used several cheap software programs than moving to martin mpc. I used the m touch. Now I moved to avolites tiger touch pro.  I'd recommend mpc to anyone. It's cheap, intuitive, and quite reliable. it is also scalable, show files from the touch work in any mpc based desk.  Check it out.

Jeff Lelko:

--- Quote from: Steve Litscher on July 13, 2017, 01:07:23 PM ---I've been looking at the ETC as well, and yep - they are just down the road from our warehouse. I may have to go over and play around a bit. :)

--- End quote ---

If you have time for a tale, might I recommend visiting the ETC Congo Kid Review I wrote over in the Product Reviews Thread?  (link)  I wouldn't necessarily say this is the board for you just yet, but I was more or less in a similar situation as you and spend a good deal of the post telling the story of how I chose the next "right" product for me.  Plenty of options to ponder over - from a more advanced PC solution, to a PC+wing solution, to a full-sized console solution.  Good luck and I'll be happy to answer any questions!     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version