ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small fanless LED wash suggestions  (Read 2178 times)

Andrew Makinson

Small fanless LED wash suggestions
« on: July 10, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm looking for suggestions for a fixture to replace the Mega-light Baby Color Q70. I like everything about it other than the fan noise. I like having dual yoke, small cube format, powercon in/out, 3pin DMX.  Led wall wash and occasional truss toning is the purpose.

Exact form and connections match would be fantastic to use in replacing some Q70s in a permanent install. Some of the Q70s have started humming like bee hives after 2 years of constantly on.

The thing that is a must is fan free. The fan free lights that I'm using now is the K9 Bulldog Pro. Those have been good, but I'm looking in the under $200 range.

--
Andrew Makinson
Grace Covenant Church
Chantilly, VA

Scott Hofmann

Re: Small fanless LED wash suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »

I've put Q70's in a couple of permanent installs, but they both have a convenient means for switching off the power when not in use. They are indeed quite nice fixtures.
You might check with MegaLite about the cost of simply replacing the fans and then incorporate power switching to preserve your investment.
I would suggest thinking about a power switching scenario even if you go to new fanless fixtures. Examples are ETC's ColorSource Relay or Leprecon's Watson or any mechanical-type DMX relay such as from Northlightdmx.com.
Scott Hofmann

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Small fanless LED wash suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.