ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED ASAP: VGA-HDMI scaler randomly flashes black on screens  (Read 3883 times)

Brian Larson

I'm running two client laptops into two vga inputs on a Kramer VP728 switcher/scaler then out through the HDMI into an HDMI Splitter/DA to a projector and two LED tvs. Client is complaining of the image on all screens going black for about a second every few minutes.

Anyone have suggestions on what could be causing this? I assume the switcher isn't enjoying having to convert the vga to hdmi. Are there settings I should play with in the switcher or laptops or tvs that could fix this?

Event is happening now so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP: VGA-HDMI scaler randomly flashes black on screens
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 12:31:51 PM »

I'm running two client laptops into two vga inputs on a Kramer VP728 switcher/scaler then out through the HDMI into an HDMI Splitter/DA to a projector and two LED tvs. Client is complaining of the image on all screens going black for about a second every few minutes.

Anyone have suggestions on what could be causing this? I assume the switcher isn't enjoying having to convert the vga to hdmi. Are there settings I should play with in the switcher or laptops or tvs that could fix this?

Event is happening now so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Work the signal chain. Since both screens are blacking simultaneously, start with the DA. Feed a laptop into the DA and see if the signal stays good. Next bypass the VGA input and send a test signal from the Kramer and see if it glitches. If not, try the laptop into the scale via HDMI. Lastly swap VGA cables and see if was a bad/loose VGA connection.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:39:48 AM »

I know with BMD mini/micro (HDMI-SDI) converters, there's a situation where they'll do something similar, and it's because of the HDCP protections inherent with HDMI outputs from a computer. But, since you are using VGA to the switcher, that's most likely not the problem. (The projector and displays will not have a problem with HDCP, and even if the switcher introduced it, typically an HDMI splitter will remove HDCP, not introduce it.)

I think it'll end up being something resolution related that's freaking all of the displays out. :-(
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:34:12 PM »

My experience with Kramer equipment is that they do not often handle 1080 P well.  Regardless this sounds like an HDMI handshake problem where the TVs are constantly re-syncing with the Kramer unit or the DA.  Check your HDCP settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:34:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.