ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M32 Console Power Issue?  (Read 2557 times)

Kelly_Dodge

M32 Console Power Issue?
« on: July 06, 2017, 03:44:24 PM »

I had a weird one on the 4th. I was outside in a park. I have basically a spider box hooked up to a 50 amp feed. I ran my amps, stage power, and everything else off of it fine. But every time I hooked up my M32, it blew the GFI. It happened on multiple plugs. Swapping extension cords didn't help. I finally had to run an extension cord to another regular plug for it to stay on. I had no problems the rest of the day.

Any ideas on what the issue is or how to fix it?

Thanks!

-Kelly

Stephen Swaffer

Re: M32 Console Power Issue?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:11:56 PM »

I had a weird one on the 4th. I was outside in a park. I have basically a spider box hooked up to a 50 amp feed. I ran my amps, stage power, and everything else off of it fine. But every time I hooked up my M32, it blew the GFI. It happened on multiple plugs. Swapping extension cords didn't help. I finally had to run an extension cord to another regular plug for it to stay on. I had no problems the rest of the day.

Any ideas on what the issue is or how to fix it?

Thanks!

-Kelly

Different GFCis, or the same GFCI?  If different GFCIs, then an internal issue in the power supply and service center is probably the right call.  If the same GFCI, try a different one and see.  I suspect an issue with the M32 power supply.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:35:41 PM by Stephen Swaffer »
Steve Swaffer

Kelly_Dodge

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 04:22:06 PM »

Different GFCis, or the same GFCI?  If different GFCIs, then an internal issue in the power supply and service center is probably the right call.  If the same GFCI, try a differetnone and see.  I suspect an issue with the M32 power supply.

I tried 3 different GFCIs on the same box.

Art Nadelman

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:40:35 PM »

I could have been bad GFCI's at the venue, too, especially if they were all installed at the same time.  Try it on another GFCI at your home or office.

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 07:39:10 PM »

You should read the leakage current on the ground wire of the console's IEC power cord. You'll need to make a break-out cable to separate the ground wire from the hot and neutral. You can then use the AC mA function to see how much current is leaking to ground. You can also use a high-sensitivity clamp-on meter if it goes down to 1 mA resolution, but those are pretty expensive. Anything more than 1 or 2 mA is suspicious, and 5 mA should trip the GFCI. Also be aware that a lot of MOV power strips will leak 3 mA to ground right out of the box, so make sure you don't have one in the back of your console case.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 07:39:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.