ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching for Chauvet Colorado Batten 144 Tour  (Read 5865 times)

Tony Wright

Searching for Chauvet Colorado Batten 144 Tour
« on: July 03, 2017, 12:30:28 PM »

I work at a municipal facility, much like a civic event and meeting room facility in your town.  (My day job and several week ends and evenings as required...)

The boss purchased several Chauvet Colorado Batten 144 Tour.  These were bought for a project that is not being supported any longer.  Thus, my boss would like to move them into our theater for the Cyc lighting.  The problem is they do not cover the width of the cyc.  Thus we need at least one more.  As luck and budget ran out, we were unable to order the extra fixture that FY and we suffer from the ups and downs of government budget in the Oklahoma economic roller coaster based on profitable years of the taxes from the oil industry.  (sigh)

It has been a few years that this project has been in limbo.  We now believe we will be able to complete this project later this summer.

The problem is Chauvet has discontinued the Colorado Batten 144 Tour.

I have two questions...

1)  Does anyone know of a dealer with NOS fixtures that I could contact?

Background for question 2:

Apparently the Chauvet Colorado Batten 72 Tour is in current production.

2)  Does anyone know if the Colorado Batten 72 Tour is simply "half" of a 144?

Yes I called Chauvet.  They could not give me an answer since those people are "out of the office".

Tony Wright
Tech Services
Stillwater Community Center
City of Stillwater OK
[email protected]

Cailen Waddell

Re: Searching for Chauvet Colorado Batten 144 Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 12:37:58 PM »

Keep in mind that depending on usage a new old stock fixture won't match the existing due to led lamp life.  How much depends on the usage and hours  on the emitter.  It may be noticeable it may not.

We have a spare led cyc fixture and the first time we used it we noticed that it's colors were different.  We now rotate the fixtures to keep the burn even.  Food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Burgess

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:05:46 PM »

Tony - Have you already tried finding an NOS piece with internet searches and such?  I'll be happy to contact the Chauvet Rep for this area to see if he can find one, if that'll help you. 
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Tony Wright

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:36:41 AM »

Tom:  First, I bleed Orange and Black, but I am never too proud to accept help from a Sooner.

I called Chauvet Sales and did not get much help or sympathy.  If you know the local/regional guy, by all means, I am sure my boss would seriously appreciate it.

If your contact gets us the light my boss wants...I would gladly buy you a burger at Eskimo Joe's OR have Joe's send you the number 2 most collected tshirt in the nation...in orange and black.  Sorry, I think they are out of crimson and cream.

Tony Wright

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:52:39 AM »

Cailen, I appreciate your concern, but these lights have less than 20 hours use, stored in climate controlled area of our facility.  Granted they are a couple of years old and likely come from a different production run.  But what else do we do at this point?  One option might be to buy two new Batten 72 Tour still in production.  We at least might have the option of returning, which I doubt we could do on a NOS or used item.

Tom Burgess

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 08:48:19 AM »

Tom:  First, I bleed Orange and Black, but I am never too proud to accept help from a Sooner.

I called Chauvet Sales and did not get much help or sympathy.  If you know the local/regional guy, by all means, I am sure my boss would seriously appreciate it.

If your contact gets us the light my boss wants...I would gladly buy you a burger at Eskimo Joe's OR have Joe's send you the number 2 most collected tshirt in the nation...in orange and black.  Sorry, I think they are out of crimson and cream.
EJ's swag, huh?  You got yourself a deal as long as I get to pick the color, lol! 

I'll drop him a line and see what happens.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

veditor78

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 09:49:37 AM »

Cine Services in St. Louis had a demo unit, I believe. Not sure if they sold it or not.
Josh Rawls

Tony Wright

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 12:39:06 AM »

Josh:  Thanks for the information.  I have already forwarded that to my boss.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 10:18:18 AM »

Cailen, I appreciate your concern, but these lights have less than 20 hours use, stored in climate controlled area of our facility.  Granted they are a couple of years old and likely come from a different production run.  But what else do we do at this point?  One option might be to buy two new Batten 72 Tour still in production.  We at least might have the option of returning, which I doubt we could do on a NOS or used item.

Nah with that little usage you will be fine.  If they had thousands of hours it would be worth a conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Wright

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »

Thanks for all the help.  The boss decided to spend the money before the money was pulled from our budget like last year.

He purchased two of the Colorado Batten 72 Tour.  And so we are moving forward....and I am OK with that.  He also purchased some components to repair a couple of speaker cabinets and a replacement for a dead amp.  He also picked up a six pack of Blizzard HotBox5.  (Our first Blizzard products.)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.