ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: T-Mobile 600MHz Testing Commencements by Market  (Read 988 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Cheyenne & Portland ME 07/31/2017
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 10:18:34 pm »

My "source" is multiple FCC NPRMs, the FCC post auction data and T-Mobile for the various bits of information I'm able to disseminate and provide in a more coherent manner. I'm not quite sure what you're asking; the FCC statement you quote matches what I posted earlier. (Just note though that wireless mics will not permitted in the two 1MHz guard bands at 616-617 and 652-653.)
The quote I copied says "Spectrum will continue to be available...". I am not a lawyer, but I take that to mean those spectrum sections will continue to be available indefinitely as an end date was not mentioned.

I'm not doubting you, but as this seems to be the FCC's user-facing page for microphone users, I'm trying to understand if this is a page oversight, or if there is another FCC document that covers this that is parseable by normal people that I can forward to my clients that speaks more clearly to what you are saying.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Cheyenne & Portland ME 07/31/2017
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 10:27:24 pm »

The quote I copied says "Spectrum will continue to be available...". I am not a lawyer, but I take that to mean those spectrum sections will continue to be available indefinitely as an end date was not mentioned.

I'm not doubting you, but as this seems to be the FCC's user-facing page for microphone users, I'm trying to understand if this is a page oversight, or if there is another FCC document that covers this that is parseable by normal people that I can forward to my clients that speaks more clearly to what you are saying.

The FCC statement is correct: "Spectrum will continue to be available for wireless microphone use on the other TV channels 2-36 (TV band frequencies that fall below 608 MHz), on portions of the 600 MHz guard band (the 614-616 MHz frequencies) and the 600 MHz duplex gap (the 653-663 MHz frequencies), and in various other spectrum bands outside of the TV bands."  These are the >614MHz frequency ranges that will be available after July 2020 when the transition period ends.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs  www.radioactiverf.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 17 queries.