Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

T-Mobile 600MHz Testing Commencements by Market

(1/10) > >>

Henry Cohen:
With this topic, we'll attempt to post 600MHz market activations by T-Mobile as soon as the information becomes available.

T-Mobile has announced a very aggressive schedule for 600MHz deployments, including in many markets before the end of 2017, which of course means testing prior to offering service to customers.

Most of the first markets T-Mobile will fire up will be rural and suburban, with major markets beginning early 2018. At this time, we have no news regarding any of the other carriers, but we hope to in the future.

As a reminder, the new 600MHz bandplan above channel 37 is:

Henry Cohen:
Commencement of operations in Cheyenne WY and south of Portland ME beginning July 31, 2017

Bob Charest:

--- Quote from: Henry Cohen on June 29, 2017, 08:27:01 PM ---Commencement of operations in Cheyenne WY and south of Portland ME beginning July 31, 2017

--- End quote ---
Hi Henry,

Thanks for posting this. As someone who lives right near Portland, ME I'm going to have to take action in the short term, it appears. All that is left to work with is between 642 and 668... pretty cramped!

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Jason Glass:

--- Quote from: Henry Cohen on June 29, 2017, 08:27:01 PM ---Commencement of operations in Cheyenne WY and south of Portland ME beginning July 31, 2017

--- End quote ---

Henry,

Thanks a million for sharing this info.  It's deeply appreciated!

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Henry Cohen on June 29, 2017, 08:12:37 PM ---With this topic, we'll attempt to post 600MHz market activations by T-Mobile as soon as the information becomes available.

--- End quote ---

This page is an over view of the entire sale and includes an animated plan for T-Mobile's rollout.  Not exact but Henry's notices will be more real...

The Broadcast Incentive Auction results

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version