ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trees and power lines  (Read 1695 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Trees and power lines
« on: June 29, 2017, 05:13:12 PM »

Had to break out the generator last Sunday. A large Douglas Fir tree fell through the power lines around 7:15 pm. Nobody was hurt, but apparently it started a small fire. Thankfully our weather hasn't been exceptionally dry, so the fire didn't spread.

If you look in the picture below, there's also a large tree leaning over the roadway. That's the third trunk of three; the first trunk fell a couple of years ago but the other direction. They had to take that one down, too. When the tree fell, it ripped the lines off of two or three poles. It also twisted crossarms and poles up and down the line. I believe they replaced the pole in the picture. They didn't do anything with the twisted crossarms, I guess they figured they were OK. I think they started working on the lines somewhere around midnight.

About 9:30 they were still cleaning up the mess and had a ways to go before they could even start working on the lines. I checked my freezers and they were starting to warm up (it was a 100-degree day). I figured it would be midnight or later before they restored power, so I fired up the generator and plugged in the freezers and fridge and the water pump so . Let it run for a couple of hours; shut off the generator then went to bed.

Power was restored about 3:15 am.

When trees and power lines mix, the results aren't pretty.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

Trees and power lines
« on: June 29, 2017, 05:13:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.