ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Best current WAP/Router for any consoles and Lab Gruppen amps these days  (Read 27040 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services

I got a Ubiquiti Unifi AC Mesh recently and I plan to mount it on a tall mic stand and plug it into one of my Netgear routers with their radios off. Should be good for 400'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Re: Best current WAP/Router for any consoles and Lab Gruppen amps these days
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 06:39:08 PM »

For off the shelf wireless routers I have had excellent results with both a TP Link Archer C7 (about a $100) and a Netgear R7000 (about $150).
I operate both only on 5g.

There are times I feel I get touch more range with the TP link.
I use them with a Allen Heath QU Pac 32.

Just went with  the Netgear R700 (AC1900).. It may be called a Nighthawk in some markets.. Much faster than anything else I had so far

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 10:36:14 AM »

I got a Ubiquiti Unifi AC Mesh recently and I plan to mount it on a tall mic stand and plug it into one of my Netgear routers with their radios off. Should be good for 400'.

So, got things mounted up. I used a top hat and mounted the bracket for the AP and a mic mount for my paddle (for a remote speaker). Now I can easily get both up 10+'.

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail

So, got things mounted up. I used a top hat and mounted the bracket for the AP and a mic mount for my paddle (for a remote speaker). Now I can easily get both up 10+'.

Got a photo Rob? Currently trying to solve the same problem of getting an AC Mesh on top of a mic stand.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB

[...] Currently trying to solve the same problem of getting an AC Mesh on top of a mic stand.

For a one-nighter gaff tape works fine in my experience. The longer-term temporary solution that I've seen is to use a hose clamp through the AP and around the mic stand.

-Russ

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail

I was trying to come up with something a bit more elegant that doesn't require a tool. I fabricated a slip bracket that bolts to a top hat, but it's pretty ugly. Tried velcro but that slips down the stand.

Guess I'll take the AP to the big orange store and see what I can find.

For a one-nighter gaff tape works fine in my experience. The longer-term temporary solution that I've seen is to use a hose clamp through the AP and around the mic stand.

-Russ
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services

Got a photo Rob? Currently trying to solve the same problem of getting an AC Mesh on top of a mic stand.

I have a couple of pics I can post. Might only get one per post, we shall see.

The top hat and speaker stand (though was sold as lighting stand) are from On Stage Stands - I am a dealer). The stand goes up 13’ but often I don’t put it up that high.

Edit:
Oh, and a few sand bags on the bottom of the stand make it pretty stable.

Edit:
Got one to post. The xlr in the middle is the dmx cable to the Donner transmitter. For that I used a piece of aluminum angle punched for Neutik d and mounted an xlr feed through.

I hope this helps.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 03:27:42 PM by Rob Spence »

John Schalk

This works for me, although I've only started using it, so not sure how well this will hold up over the long haul.  I plan on changing out the 50' Ethernet cable for something shorter.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail

So for the AC Mesh is that the wall mount bracket screwed to a piece of L aluminum that's bolted to the top hat?

I have a couple of pics I can post. Might only get one per post, we shall see.

The top hat and speaker stand (though was sold as lighting stand) are from On Stage Stands - I am a dealer). The stand goes up 13’ but often I don’t put it up that high.

Edit:
Oh, and a few sand bags on the bottom of the stand make it pretty stable.

Edit:
Got one to post. The xlr in the middle is the dmx cable to the Donner transmitter. For that I used a piece of aluminum angle punched for Neutik d and mounted an xlr feed through.

I hope this helps.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions

Curious what others are using for the latest/greatest ( not breaking the bank ! ) Router OR wireless access point ( WAP ) for basic iPad control of their consoles  ( Soundcraft Vi1 & family ) in my case. 

May even need one for wireless access to the Lake Processors in our Lab Gruppen amps.
Any advise appreciated !
We are using the Engenius ENS500 and ENH500 units with terrific results for console connectivity as well as PLM/Lake connectivity. They are poe (proprietary, injector is included) so only one cable necessary and you can put them on a mic stand (zip ties and LO2 for us). I had some problems with spotty connections using an off the shelf consumer level product, so we spent a little more (~$120 or so) and now have incredible range (not sure what the limit is, haven't ever dropped a connection, but it's more than a football field...). Simple web interface, all of the tools and capability you need.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.