Author Topic: Replies  (Read 711 times)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Replies
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 07:43:48 am »

I'm with Lee on this one.
There are times when a reply can be on track and not have a quote.
Yes, it can be edited but why not give members the choice to use the 2 options as they are labeled?
I shall look at the "curve "option as well.

Or perhaps take away the option that is less precisely labeled.  If you basically only want quotes then only have a "reply with quotes" as an option.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 07:58:52 am »

Or perhaps take away the option that is less precisely labeled.  If you basically only want quotes then only have a "reply with quotes" as an option.

Lee
Makes sense.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Nathan Riddle

• Panhandle, FL
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 01:47:07 pm »

The "reply" and "quote" buttons work differently.

IFF ('if and only if', for you non programmers) you have started typing in the "quick reply" section at the bottom of the thread the "reply" button puts the quoted text in that text box enabling you to quote someone and still quick reply without switching views

If you haven't started typing in the "quick reply" box then both "reply" and "quote" buttons do the same thing.

The "quote" button always does the same thing, quote and redirect to preview/editing page/view.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 02:00:07 pm »

The "reply" and "quote" buttons work differently.

IFF ('if and only if', for you non programmers) you have started typing in the "quick reply" section at the bottom of the thread the "reply" button puts the quoted text in that text box enabling you to quote someone and still quick reply without switching views

If you haven't started typing in the "quick reply" box then both "reply" and "quote" buttons do the same thing.

The "quote" button always does the same thing, quote and redirect to preview/editing page/view.

In the "CORE" theme there is no "quick reply" box unless I am just not seeing it. 
In any case.  I almost always include a quotation.  It is where the previous response is very long and I have to edit/snip a lot that it is a pain. 

Ultimately, it would seem that there are differing functionalities in the different themes.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Nathan Riddle

• Panhandle, FL
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 03:54:43 pm »

In the "CORE" theme there is no "quick reply" box unless I am just not seeing it. 

Ultimately, it would seem that there are differing functionalities in the different themes.

Yeah, I use the default theme and the quick reply box is at the bottom and is normally shrunk but expandable. The reply and quote buttons are to the left of a post.

In any case.  I almost always include a quotation.  It is where the previous response is very long and I have to edit/snip a lot that it is a pain. 

Lee

Same, if directly responding to a person such as here it seems best to keep the subject/context flow correct & readable.

If I'm just generally replying to the thread I don't use a quote.

Also, there was a thread I started where the reply accidentally got deleted during modify accidentally. So if the content is important/useful. I'll do a full copy for archival purposes :)
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.