ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung and the Future of Harman???  (Read 8551 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Samsung and the Future of Harman???
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »

Samsung just re-released the note 7 in South Korea... Since it has features the 8 doesn't. Don't know if they will release it any wider than that.

Probably good if they can reduce some of that multiple $B loss by converting some dead inventory. A won-win situation.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 07:05:50 PM »

While I've never been a fan of JBL (the old Junk But Loud thing) I do recognize that they have terrific brand recognition.  I'm sure Samsung would love to slap an orange sticker on anything that makes noise.  Audio industry specific brands like Soundcraft or DBX are just part of the package.  They could even be spun off since they were acquisitions anyway.

So in keeping the public seeing orange, the consumer and automotive divisions should probably get all the support they need.  Pro audio would be part of the marketing budget.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 09:51:54 AM »

While I've never been a fan of JBL (the old Junk But Loud thing) I do recognize that they have terrific brand recognition.  I'm sure Samsung would love to slap an orange sticker on anything that makes noise....

Had a job recently where i needed a tiny speaker for a up close and personal speech only foldback monitor.  Sent someone off to dig something up and this little gem is what i got.

What isn't obvious in the picture is this thing is literally the size of the typical JBL Plastic logo on their speakers.  It's like they didn't slap the logo ON a speaker.  They just made THE LOGO a speaker.  :)

It worked okay for what i needed.  rechargeable battery.  Actual line level input.  Didn't sound horrible for being about 3 inches across.  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »

It worked okay for what i needed.  rechargeable battery.  Actual line level input.  Didn't sound horrible for being about 3 inches across.  :)

Warning, thread deviation.

This is an excellent idea for Danley's new Nano speaker... Then its a 6" speaker that sounds 'great' instead of "not horrible"  :D
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.