ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: PA2 + Onboard DSP?  (Read 5080 times)

Jack Hoff

PA2 + Onboard DSP?
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:07:58 AM »

Since the original issue has been resolved and nobody is going to answer my question now I am going to update this to say this:

The registration page currently says  "YOU HAVE THE ABILITY, AS YOU REGISTER, TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN USERNAME." 

And you can get from the registration page and post into the Pro AV forum without actually coming into the Pro AV forum where you can see the sticky at the top.

If you want 100% compliance, put your rules on the registration page where people can see them.   Not lock threads for not following rules hidden deep in the forum in a stickied post.

It really is as simple as pointing out there are additional rules and including a link to them right on the registration page.   

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:55:49 PM by Jack Hoff »

Jack Hoff

Re: PA2 + Onboard DSP?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »

And im not shitposting because there are rules.  Im shit posting because the admin Mac Kerr locked the thread so now I cant even get the help I was looking for.     

Send me a message, let me know.  I didnt purposefully flout your rules. I never saw them because between registering and posting there was no rules mentioned beyond the registration page.   Dont lock the thread so people cant help and answer the question.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:28:40 AM by Jack Hoff »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:29:12 AM »

And im not shitposting because there are rules.  Im shit posting because the admin Mac Kerr locked the thread so now I cant even get the help I was looking for.     

Send me a message, let me know.    Dont lock the fucking thread so people cant help and answer the question.

Jack Hoff. That's cute. Talk about 14yo behavior.

If you are unhappy with the rules here feel free to ask for help any any one of the online sources that don't require your real name. Here are a couple of links. LINK, LINK, LINK

Your original post has now been unlocked, as it would have been even without your rant.

Mac

Jack Hoff

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »

Jack Hoff. That's cute. Talk about 14yo behavior.

If you are unhappy with the rules here feel free to ask for help any any one of the online sources that don't require your real name. Here are a couple of links. LINK, LINK, LINK

Your original post has now been unlocked, as it would have been even without your rant.

Mac

At no point am I unhappy with the rules.  My problem is that my thread was locked for violating a rule that I could not have known about.  They aren't on the registration screen and its possible to register and post without ever seeing Bryan's stickied post at the top. 

If you want to smack people around for not following your rules.. maybe put them in their path where they can find them.       

The registration page says nothing about a real name requirement.  A rule I would have followed IF i had known about it.     

But instead you guys hide your rules elsewhere and then act like jerks when people dont follow them.   

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:38:02 AM by Jack Hoff »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »

At no point am I unhappy with the rules.  My problem is that my thread was locked for violating a rule that I could not have known about.  They aren't on the registration screen and its possible to register and post without ever seeing Bryan's stickied post at the top. 

If you want to smack people around for not following your rules.. maybe put them in their path where they can find them.       

The registration page says nothing about a real name requirement.  A rule I would have followed IF i had known about it.     

But instead you guys hide your rules elsewhere and then act like jerks when people dont follow them.   

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't believe asking fairly politely that you change your displayed name to conform with the rules is acting like a jerk. Locked threads get unlocked soon after the original poster follows the rules, nobody dies.

Every couple of months someone feels they have to complain about the process, but in that couple of months lots people have gone through the process without complaint.

As far as how hard it is to follow those rules, of our 27,000+ members, more than 15,000 of them have been able to follow those rules and have posted here. Almost all of them add to the general knowledge of sound, electronics, acoustics, lighting, or miscellaneous information that is available to anyone, member or not, posting or not, that is hosted on these forums.

Mac

Jack Hoff

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »

All I'm saying is put the rules where people can see them... on the registration page.     You can't follow rules that you dont know about. 

I have no way of knowing how actively modded this group is and no way of knowing how quickly my post would be unlocked after compliance.
All Im saying is if you want that kind of compliance... put the rules where they can be followed.   It would require a lot less actions on your part. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »

Iggy bin in 3 posts.  Record.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 12:24:44 PM »

Iggy bin in 3 posts.  Record.

Apt name, though, even if it's a moniker.  Speaking of moniker, how IS Ms. Lewinski?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jack Hoff

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 12:33:49 PM »

Eh whatever. 

I would rather go to websites where the mods find it worthwhile to include links to the rules right on the front door registration page. 

Much better than this website where the mods hide the rules deep in the forum and then get their rocks off slapping people around for not following them.   

If you want people to follow rules...  putting them where they can see them usually works out a little bit better than hiding them.

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »

like mythbusters Adam says,JH
"I reject your reality and insert my own.
Good luck , hope you comply ..................its a free world.
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »

Eh whatever. 

I think you would be better served by those sites.  Water seeks it's own level. 

This is not a help site, nor is it here for your instant gratification just to get you out of a jam.  This is a community of working professionals seeking to improve our knowledge and process.

When you come into somebody else's house you generally sit and listen before speaking.  Likewise you should lurk and see the climate before jumping into the pool.

You had to read the rule on your way to make your post. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »

Eh whatever. 

I would rather go to websites where the mods find it worthwhile to include links to the rules right on the front door registration page. 

Much better than this website where the mods hide the rules deep in the forum and then get their rocks off slapping people around for not following them.   

If you want people to follow rules...  putting them where they can see them usually works out a little bit better than hiding them.

Hidden in plain sight..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:43:31 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 03:57:48 PM »

Methinks Mr. Jack Off will not be missed by our community.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 03:57:48 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.