ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple remote volumes for SCM820?  (Read 2889 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Simple remote volumes for SCM820?
« on: July 06, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »

So, I need to put a simple mixer into a room and the SCM820 does everything I'll need it to do. I would also like to have a remote volume knob for a few channels (ipod, PC, Lectern) and the only thing I can find is that the 820 is "crestron and amx compatible". I don't need that much control. I just want a wall plate with 3 or 4 knobs on it up by the lectern area. Is there a way to do this simply?

The last time I installed something like this was when the TOA 800 series was still current! lol
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: Simple remote volumes for SCM820?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:46:07 PM »

So, I need to put a simple mixer into a room and the SCM820 does everything I'll need it to do. I would also like to have a remote volume knob for a few channels (ipod, PC, Lectern) and the only thing I can find is that the 820 is "crestron and amx compatible". I don't need that much control. I just want a wall plate with 3 or 4 knobs on it up by the lectern area. Is there a way to do this simply?

The last time I installed something like this was when the TOA 800 series was still current! lol
You may have to physically wire your inputs through custom variable attenuators which you build into your control panel.  If you are using inputs from a Dante network then forget it.

There are logic pins for mute/gate/override per input but no way to control gain.

Crestron wouldn't be too difficult to set up, but that added cost may make you consider a different DSP

For example, Ashly 24.24M gives you 4x4 with remote attenuators as well as custom iPad control panel capability for less than $1500
-even less if you look at dbx Zonepro
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »

You may have to physically wire your inputs through custom variable attenuators which you build into your control panel.  If you are using inputs from a Dante network then forget it.

There are logic pins for mute/gate/override per input but no way to control gain.

Crestron wouldn't be too difficult to set up, but that added cost may make you consider a different DSP

For example, Ashly 24.24M gives you 4x4 with remote attenuators as well as custom iPad control panel capability for less than $1500
-even less if you look at dbx Zonepro

That's a possibility I guess.

The attenuators would only be for the 2-3 local inputs. The dante inputs would not be controllable by the end users.

The Ashly would be great, but no Dante option.....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »

That's a possibility I guess.

The attenuators would only be for the 2-3 local inputs. The dante inputs would not be controllable by the end users.

The Ashly would be great, but no Dante option.....

I wasn't clear on weather there were additional inputs.

One method I've also used, but adds a bit more in cost, is RDL VCA modules.  It does keep all the audio in the rack though with only voltage control lines running to the user panel.
http://www.rdlnet.com/product.php?page=523
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 03:47:26 PM »

The atlas blue bridge series will do what you need with Dante....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »

+1 for the RDL VCA modules. Relatively inexpensive and bullet-proof. As said, no audio leaves the mixer. Would be easy enough to whip up a 2-gang plate with 4 pots.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:37:30 AM by Scott Hofmann »
Scott Hofmann

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »

The atlas blue bridge series will do what you need with Dante....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks very much like the winner. Just got off the phone with Atlas and the remote panels can do some cool tricks which make this a very attractive option.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.