ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to buy casters? -- today  (Read 9166 times)

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Where to buy casters? -- today
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 09:55:08 PM »

Another vote for Penn Elcom.

And one more.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »

Home Depot. Many types in stock equal in quality to some of the best.
There's a hardware chain out here called Orchard Supply that sells casters that are slightly better than what I've gotten from Home Depot.  I can find ones at Harbor Freight on a level with the HD.  I've even found some rounded (skate like) 3" ones for smaller cases with good bearings in them there.

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »

Thank you all for the many replies. I hope others can utilize some of this, too.

I want to stick with the same (fairly standard) mounting plate pattern (1.75 x 2.9375 in.) that I use on existing cases and dollies, so that I can swap casters to upgrade or make emergency repairs. This appears to rule out Penn-Elcom, although I'm sure they're a very good choice and I have directly and indirectly used a lot of their other hardware.

Great Lakes Caster's descendent, Castor Depot, has their site working better now, so I went ahead and ordered what I need for the immediate project. I'll report how it works out.

Thanks everyone.

--Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Jason Popma

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 01:34:05 PM »

Hi Frank,

My name is Jason Popma and I am the president of CasterDepot.  We are the same family owned company as Great Lakes Caster but with the addition of an office in Richmond, VA that we added in 2013.  Given our growth outside of the Great Lakes area, we made the hard choice to rebrand to CasterDepot.

I am very sorry about your recent experience. :'(  We are aware of some bugs on our site and we are working hard to fix them as fast as possible.  We have over 100,000 caster options on the CasterDepot.com site compared to just about 5,000 on the old Great Lakes Caster site.  It has shown to be complicated on the backend.   

As for Caster Connection they are no longer affiliated with any Colson Group caster brands.  We stock the premium Colson Casters and can ship quickly with most configurations.

Please email [email protected] as I would like to make this right with you.

Best,
Jason

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »

Hi Frank,

My name is Jason Popma and I am the president of CasterDepot.  We are the same family owned company as Great Lakes Caster but with the addition of an office in Richmond, VA that we added in 2013.  Given our growth outside of the Great Lakes area, we made the hard choice to rebrand to CasterDepot.

I am very sorry about your recent experience. :'(  We are aware of some bugs on our site and we are working hard to fix them as fast as possible.  We have over 100,000 caster options on the CasterDepot.com site compared to just about 5,000 on the old Great Lakes Caster site.  It has shown to be complicated on the backend.   

As for Caster Connection they are no longer affiliated with any Colson Group caster brands.  We stock the premium Colson Casters and can ship quickly with most configurations.

Please email [email protected] as I would like to make this right with you.

Best,
Jason

Hi Jason-

Thanks for posting to clarify the status of Great Lakes and the re-branding of your business.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber