ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vibrio or Luminair?  (Read 10142 times)

Roch Lafleur

• Ottawa, ONTARIO
Re: Vibrio or Luminair?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 10:50:01 AM »

I've been using the older Luminair program for a couple of years now and t has been fantastic. I only control floods - no moving heads (the current Luminair program accommodates easier moving head control than the old one). Easy set -up.
Same router I use for sound - Enttec NODE - fixture.

I am so familiar with Luminair now that I can program and reprogram very quickly.
I have had zero problems over the past 2 years.
My only complaint ( which is more against Apple according to Synthe FX the developers) is that when I purchased the app, it was only a few months before the new Luminair program was launched. I was not afforded the opportunity to upgrade at a lesser cost and didn't want to pay full price again after having just done so - so I have continued to use the old version. One day I'll upgrade.

Thanks Debbie! I have read most of your posts on the subject. I just ordered the enttec ODE and will purchase Luminair 3 from the App Store this week. Although I love the eye candy that movers add, I do smaller events where PAR cans are all that is required. I always tell the folks that hire me that if they want a full light show, I can put them in touch with one of my colleagues. I currently have 10 Chauvet SlimPar Pro TRIs on back truss and some VW on front trees. Luminair should have me covered for a while.

R
DSL SM80 (2), DSL TH118 (4), db Technologies DVX DM-12, JBL PRX615M, Behringer X32, X32-C, Crown MAi, QSC PLX

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »

Thanks Debbie! I have read most of your posts on the subject. I just ordered the enttec ODE and will purchase Luminair 3 from the App Store this week. Although I love the eye candy that movers add, I do smaller events where PAR cans are all that is required. I always tell the folks that hire me that if they want a full light show, I can put them in touch with one of my colleagues. I currently have 10 Chauvet SlimPar Pro TRIs on back truss and some VW on front trees. Luminair should have me covered for a while.

R

The DMX King art net ODE works really well too and is a bit cheaper than the Enttec.... Good luck!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

TomMoon

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 04:07:58 AM »

Ever tried Photon iOS?

I really like it. Works great for me.

I tried Vibrio because it is free but I don't like it, so I tried Photon (http://photon-ios.com) and it's cool ! The app is free and if you want to unlock the "sequencer" is less expensive than Luminair. It is only for small stages or theaters, Photon is very cool with music synchronization. The disadvantage is that here is not a lot of fixtures in the database but you can create your own. I'm using it with an Enttec ODE, it works very well together.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 04:07:58 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.