ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DMX Lighting Controller for older system  (Read 5851 times)

Scott Hofmann

Re: DMX Lighting Controller for older system
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »

Would a S/H behringer lc2412 fit the bill if you could get one cheap enough. 12x2 faders (A/B with crossfading between the 2) chases, programs, midi control and even an analogue output.
Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

IMHO the LC2412 is the worst light board ever made. A cheap NSI or Lightronics console, even a used one, would be far superior in terms of ease of use.
Scott Hofmann

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »

Hence my suggestion of Luminair as middle-ground.

That's not what I'm getting at.  In my opinion Luminair would be a poor, if not at least cumbersome choice here because of the secondary equipment needed to get it working.  The product has its niche and does it good job when utilized appropriately, but this isn't a good application for it. 

IMHO the LC2412 is the worst light board ever made. A cheap NSI or Lightronics console, even a used one, would be far superior in terms of ease of use.

I don't think I'd go that far, but it's a different flavor of board when compared to others in a similar price bracket.  I like mine, and it's held up well over the past 12 years and still works to this day.  The board does feature a number of surprising features that usually aren't seen on products under $1k, but in compromise it can be rather difficult to program and even more difficult to modify programs after the fact.  It'd work here too, but Scott P. would have to spend a little time getting to learn it.

My personal recommendation here would be a Chauvet Obey 10 or Obey 40, depending on how much that budget can be stretched.  I honestly don't really care for the board due to its limited nature of control and obvious missing features (Grand Master, bump buttons, etc.), but it'll check the boxes, be easy (enough) to use, and comes in on budget.  Just my personal input though! 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.