ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser XSW 2?  (Read 3836 times)

Thomas Hale

Sennheiser XSW 2?
« on: June 11, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with the Sennheiser XSW 2 wireless mic systems? Specifically with the 835 mic?  I am the main sound guy at my church and we are looking at replacing our wireless mics.  Currently, we have four CAD GXLU mics, (bought before I came to the church) and an Audio-Technica body pack mic with headset for the pastor, can't remember the model for that one.  I know anything really will be an upgrade from what we have, but I am really considering the XSW 2 system from Sennheiser.  Any reviews on the system?  How would that system/mic combo compare with the Shure BLX/SM58 or Beta58 system? Thanks for your help!

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Sennheiser XSW 2?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with the Sennheiser XSW 2 wireless mic systems?

I know your question is specifically about the XSW 2 but I think my experience with the XSW 1 might be relevant.

I used to have one with the 835-ish capsule. The sound was reasonable for speech. The actual 835 on the EW G3 is more balanced and what you'd expect from a Sennheiser '35 capsule.

The reason why I sold it:
I was using the XSW and a EW G2 bodypack/headset in a space I hadn't used it in before. Lots of concrete and metal structure - a brewery. I couldn't get further than 20' line of sight from the XSW receiver sitting on a table before it started getting static. I scanned and changed the frequency to a clear one and it made no difference. I had to put the receiver up on a stack of barrels to make it work at the distance I needed it (less than 50' line of sight). The EW G2 bodypack did fine anywhere I took it. After that, I sold the XSW and bought an EW G3.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Sennheiser XSW 2?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.