ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing Mac 250's with LED's ?  (Read 2432 times)

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
Replacing Mac 250's with LED's ?
« on: June 10, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »

I have a night club/concert venue install with about 30 Mac 250 entours and washes in various states of disrepair. These Macs are almost 9 years in use and ready to be replaced. I am thinking of replacing them with the same configuration of fixtures, but in LED units. Would any fixtures be able to re-use the Mac mounting hardware? The ceiling is only 15 feet off the floor and the stage is 3 feet high. The farthest electric is about 30 feet from the upstage wall.
Which models should I be looking at in the $2000USD and under range?  Thanks for any rec's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Replacing Mac 250's with LED's ?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »

Hi Woody, I'd probably start my search by checking out the Chauvet Rogue Series.  Both the R1 and R2 Spots have similar features compared to the Mac 250s and use similar if not less power depending on the model, so power-wise you'd be okay with a direct replacement.  Both are also similar or less weight than the Macs, so rigging-wise you'd be okay too.  Either unit is under your 2k/fixture price point.  Good luck!

John Fruits

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »

Both Elation and Chauvet have showrooms in the LA area.  Certainly worth the trip.  The usual wisdom is to try to get demos into your space.  Chauvet has come a long way from their cheap DJ gear days, same with Elation.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.